Model Cars Magazine Forum

Meyers Manx

gwaltz1

I'm going post-apocalyptic with mine. Why? No idea. Just am...

I say " Go for it ! " . You can do any thing with a dune buggy .

I've got some of those rear tires for my next one but I haven't figured out what it should look like !

Round2 seems to be really milking every release lately, especially if there's a movie tie-in:

AMT-847 - 1/25 Elvis' Meyers Manx

I guess it was only a matter of time before poor Elvis' name was used to sell a kit. :( Hopefully this one'll include a TCB belt buckle or maybe a scale Fool's Gold Loaf sandwich? :D

Milk it for all it's worth, if it means we might get some new tooling sometime soon.

Maybe the Elvis version will be in a lunch box complete with deep-fried peanut butter and banana sammich... :wub:

Edited by Brett Barrow

Milk it for all it's worth, if it means we might get some new tooling sometime soon.

Call me Thomas, but I doubt we'll see any new kits under the AMT label, and with the purchase of Lindberg, I expect more reissues rather than Round2 investing in new tooling. That's not a bad thing, and I'd love to be wrong, but Round2 seems to be doing fine with what they're doing now.

Maybe if Round2 sells out the Elvis branded Manx kits, it'll open the door for the Tow'd to be reissued.

Call me Thomas, but I doubt we'll see any new kits under the AMT label, and with the purchase of Lindberg, I expect more reissues rather than Round2 investing in new tooling. That's not a bad thing, and I'd love to be wrong, but Round2 seems to be doing fine with what they're doing now.

Maybe if Round2 sells out the Elvis branded Manx kits, it'll open the door for the Tow'd to be reissued.

I agree, Round 2's doing great with what they're doing now, but the thought of selling an all-new tool AMT kit just has me salivating... I soooooo wished the 66 Batmobile had been branded an AMT kit instead of a Polar Lights kit, would have made selling them sooooo much easier...

I've got to wonder, too, if this sale of involves anything with the molding facility in MI that was being used to mold most of the Lindberg and Hawk lines. A return to "Made in the USA" AMT kits would be great for sales as well. A lot of Revell/Monogram reissues are done in the states now, it's possible we could have the bulk of reissue kits being molded in the US in a couple years...

• 4 months later...

Hi at last I'd finished mine but forgot to put it on this thread.............

133_zpsbb7f1b9e.jpg

With bomber seats and foam seat pads. Turbo motor partly scratchbuilt, metalflake paint, big and little wheels and tyres, and I moved the headlights to the top of the wings. Oh and the wooden slats in the rear passenger/load area.

• 1 year later...

.........finally got the first manx issueĀ with the cardboard display just today,,,what a great little kit. been meaning to grab one for awhile, and glad I did. seeing so many nice ones built on our forum here is what inspired me to get one, looking forward to jumping in to it once a couple of myĀ otherĀ projects get finished .....at leastĀ a couple of more of these kitsĀ are needed in my pile.......ROUND2 all the way...........the ace.......:D,,,,oh, is that Elvis one worth grabbing as well....:o....any opinions, gents...

Edited by AC Norton
text

• 5 years later...
1 hour ago, MrMiles said:

oh nice. i been wanting to grab one of these. i will wait until i see one at hobby lobby for 40% off

Don't know about your Hobby Lobby...but the ones in my area only seem to stock muscle cars and trucks....was lucky to see the Revell '29 Model A re- release there last year. Wish they had a more varied line up.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2013 at 12:34 PM, Brett Barrow said:

Ā 

Maybe the Elvis version will be in a lunch box complete with deep-fried peanut butter and banana sammich... :wub:

Absolutely!!

• 3 weeks later...

I see the Manx is coming back around again.

I hope that there are some new parts or tires added, along with whatever new decals they choose.

It is a good kit. There haveĀ to be a few new builders who've never seen it before. Maybe this version is aimed at them.