Model Cars Magazine Forum

Meyers Manx

gwaltz1

I wanted one of these rascals for AGES, then I found the Revell Dunebuggy. Watta DRAG to find out it WASN'T a MANX kit, but a generic dunebuggy body. I found two built ups that I can use for ONE good one, but if them rascals is commin BACK, welp, they just became parts cars!!!! Gonna get one or two of the NEW ones!!!! :D;)

George!! The Revell is an EMPI Imp. It isn't generic at all. The Imp was quite cool.

Been waitin' for this forever. I just could not wrap my mind around 20 bucks plus on ebay for gluebombs. I;ve got that shortened bug body and the Teevee body to put on these, as well as building the oringinal. Whoot whoot, Im stoked! Just placed my pre-order with Model Express!

Edited by Draggon

I'm right here, patiently waiting for that one to finally get released..... :D

DSCN2891-vi.jpg

I have a virgin 1968 kit that I bought off Ebay a good number of years ago, and that one will be the small-scale version of my 'Maximus'(as soon as I finish those Jackman wheels). I'm looking forward to doing a few more in other metalflake colors, without paying a king's ransom for an original kit......AGAIN.

DSCN9974_edited-vi.jpg

Yeah, I want one, although I can't for the life of me think of a good reason why - it's not a drag car, it's not a hot rod, I'm not a big fan of kit-type VW-powered cars, and I will probably never build it.

But I still want one. Maybe two.

Like a real kit car, Neil, it can be whatever you want it to be...just use a little imagination. ;)

38241.jpg

The infamous/historical 'Purple Potato Chip' Manx:29897.jpg

271926.jpg

Nice looking buggy, Dave. I'm sorta on the prowl for another buggy after selling my EMPI Imp. The next one I want low with side pods.

Ever do anything with that decal?

Thanks, Jim. Haven't found the best spot for it yet....might be getting a new toolbox after Christmas, however.

I know where there are two 1:1 Manx buggys. Now if only the guy would sell one, or both! But he is one of those "I'm going to fix them one of these days" guys. The one behind the barn is only good for the body now as it has been there since about 1979! The other is in a barn loft!!!(complete buggy)

Had that kit back on the original release! Built side pods for it from instructions that were in a model magazine but cannot remember what one was around back then!

Maybe not a magazine but possibly the Blueprinter???

Now wait a minute , Model Round Up sent out e-mails telling us we had to get the "Colored " kits from them . Since i don't nessesarily buy from Model Round Up, what DO I get anyway ? Not that it really matters Greg , I painted the one I bought back in 1967 anyway and I'll probably wind up painting this one too. Ed Shaver