Model Cars Magazine Forum

Meyers Manx

gwaltz1

There is also a cardboard display base/stand. The base is kind of rolled half way in the box, which will let it lie flat without a crease in it.

I folded it here in this pic, so that I could take a better picture of it. If not, it would just have rolled up on itself.

Take care when putting the base together. It's best to use a ruler and make sure all the folds are straight and true. For those who build paper models, maybe you can share some tips and tricks with us?

post-3-0-32762400-1324545886_thumb.jpg

Yups, Mr. Harry did a great job with that!

Hopefully, Round2 will sell a gazillion Meyers Manx kits, and we will become the favorite mag all over the country for all those who love this classic icon.

Now, I have send a note off to Winnie and Bruce Meyer...

Okay, I have to ask because i've never had one of these...what's so great about this kit? I mean folks seem to be losing their minds over it and while i'm happy for the people who are getting what they want, i've never seen the kind of furor over a re-issue like this one? What is it about this particular kit? :huh:

for me it was always a grail kit,and this is a model of the 1/1 buggy that launched a thousand knock offs.besides what is more fun than a dune buggy?

Nick, you are missing the boat with the original Meyers Manx buggy. It was THE car with the air-cooled VW engine. The Corvair "options" to us VW fanatics was nothing short of sacrilegious. Now, don't everyone get all huffy and puffy at me, remember, I am, or was, not only a master journeyman VW technician, I taught VW factory classes, ran service VW dealer departments, and owned my own VW repair shops. So, to a person such as myself, the Meyers Manx Dune Buggy is our HOLLY GRAIL kit. Unlike Andy, I never could get my hands on an original kit, for a reasonable price (Under $100), so this kit is one I am buying a dozen/case of at least. I am shooting pics of the purple metalflake option kit one now.