Model Cars Magazine Forum

KA Models Mustang GT500 /GT-H/GT500KR detail up set

I just ordered a couple detail-up sets from KA models out of south korea.... just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them? or any photos of built up models using them? any help is much appretiated.

thanks

mike

KA Models offers some of the very best photoetch sets I've seen. I have some of their photoetch for generic purposes (seatbelts, wipers, etc.) and I like those as well. I'm pretty sure I've got pe sets for other kits in the stash, but I can't think of just what right now.

This is the only model I've built using a KA Models pe set:

DSCN0896.jpg

You can see a bunch of the parts in the interior and engine bay. Some others are probably visible as well. I was very pleased with the quality and ease of use.

More photos here if you care to check it out:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v230/ChillyB1/Hasegawa%20250%20TR/

I just ordered a couple detail-up sets from KA models out of south korea.... just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them? or any photos of built up models using them? any help is much appretiated.

thanks

mike

I started the model with the KA stuff, and decided I didn't like the car. :lol: Here's the WIP page:

Revell GT-500KR WIP

I've cut out the grills and assembled the brake rotors, but other than that, I haven't touched it in three months. One of these days I'll get back to it, but probably not before next year.

The PE stuff is pretty nice, and appears to fit the car very well. I got mine from StradaSports.com

Edited by jsimmons

I have a set for the GT-500KR on the way from Squadron, should be here early next week. I'm using it on a resin body convertible with the GT-500KR kit. I have 2 other sets from them fo rhte GT-500 and hte Ferrari California, plus the 1/200 scale USS Arizona set with wood decks, absolutley beautiful stuff.