Model Cars Magazine Forum

So What does Revell Have up Their Sleeves?

Oooohhhh - a straight axle gasser, even better modeling choice than the Mazmainian '61, as iconic as it is, since there will be more parts of use in this one...

I'm planning on a Street Freak build, anyway, maybe with the AMT Sock It To Me decals.

I wonder if they measured up this Tuna Boat while they were there :wub:

66_IMPALA_WGN_001.jpg

As long as they make it with stock pieces, I'm in!

That Corsair looks pretty interesting. One of my favorite airplanes.

Charlie Larkin

I'm in 150% either way. The BJM has the name and history, but that other one has wheelie bars and a straight axle - better from a parts donor perspective.

I'm just hoping they don't split the difference and give us a generic 62 MSP/Gasser/Street Freak without the straight axle... <_< Raised IFS on a C1 is easy enough to do (cut away the crossmember and stick in pieces cut from a 4" scale I-beam or scale 4x4 to jack the front up, same way the real ones were done.)

They already do a 66 Chevelle long roof and a 66 Impala... why not an Impala wagon?!?! Too many wagons?

Shhh....don't give them any more excuses!

I mean, worst case, I could try to kit-bash something, but when I've tried that before....didn't end well. Juha Airio I most certainly am not!

Charlie Larkin

I hope they only used it for reference, and not with the intent on building a (near) exact replica. No offense, as it appears well done, but it has no provenance, no name recognition, and is a "what if" rather than a what was. Now, that all might not mean much in 1/25 scale, but Revell seems to have a pretty good track record with BJM kit-wise, and his 'Vette did retain the stock front suspension with lift blocks from what I've read, so fewer newly tooled parts would be needed, too.

29uzh8y.jpg

whnp89.jpg

I would so be in with that one

Oooohhhh - a straight axle gasser, even better modeling choice than the Mazmainian '61, as iconic as it is, since there will be more parts of use in this one...

I'm planning on a Street Freak build, anyway, maybe with the AMT Sock It To Me decals.

I wonder if they measured up this Tuna Boat while they were there :wub:

66_IMPALA_WGN_001.jpg

now that would be sweet!

Never, but a '57 Country Squire would be a better choice than a '66 Impala IMHO. Maybe in May 2015...

I get a better feeling about a lower-end 57 Ford wagon. Don't think we'll see a Country Squire. Get a better feeling about a Ranch Wagon or Courier. I don't get that good of a feeling about a Ranchero, either, though personally I'd love to see one.

Don't think we'll see a Country Squire.

Thanks Debbie Downer. <_<:lol::lol: I have no idea, and it probably is more of a wish at this time, but people seem to like Woodies, and Revell doesn't seem to have any qualms tooling up new Woody kits either. I guess we'll see.

Since I'm throwing pennies into the well, I might as well add this one-and-done kit to the list:

4157290976_4632eb11a7_o.jpg

Thanks Debbie Downer. <_<:lol::lol: I have no idea, and it probably is more of a wish at this time, but people seem to like Woodies, and Revell doesn't seem to have any qualms tooling up new Woody kits either. I guess we'll see.

Since I'm throwing pennies into the well, I might as well add this one-and-done kit to the list:

4157290976_4632eb11a7_o.jpg

A Foose candidate, maybe?

ANYTHING from Troy Terpanier or Steve Strope (Pure Vision....) would be a welcome addition to the perennial batch of customizes (Barris, Winfield, Daniels, Coddington, Foose...)

Those annoying idiots on Graveyard Carz do stock resto's. Just another reason for re-named re-issues of stock kits.

BTW: Not to steer this thread away from into the guardrail and into the wall, but......

I held the test shot of the new Revell 70 Cuda last week at NNL East. I hope there's some re-visions as certain details are not right :(