Model Cars Magazine Forum

What was your best kit

The one you built that made you run out and buy several more or the one you still remember coming out so good As a kid? Mine was the revell 70 chevelle 3'n1. I was probably 12 or 13 when I built it the first time, and I was so impressed with how well it went together and how the stance was just right, as a lot of revell kits have the same problem then they do now, the sit WAY to high!

The Tamiya 1966 Beetle was the first built that inspired the purchase of multiples add to that the Tamiya Minis, Fiats and Jag Mk IIs.....since then all the Revell 32 Ford variations and the 40 Fords and the Merc custom and the 48 fords....

The one I built and thought it was great was the Sonny Pruitt Kenworth from the TV show Movin' On in the 70's. I don't know what happen to it, but recently found a picture of it taken after entering it in a model contest in my small town and won first. I was 14 at the time and full head of hair....long hair. It was my first truck.

The MPC '67 Charger Street Machine. I first picked this kit up in '84 I guess and when it was done, it was a great representation of the cars grew up around in my neighborhood. A blown hemi, wide tires in the rear, traction bars and I love a fastback. I built two more which I still own. The first is a gasser style street freak and the next a pro-streeter. Some of the oldest builds I still own. Not the best kit by anyone's estimation, but I sure liked it.

000_0128.jpg

100_0705.jpg

I built the Johan 68 Plymouth police car twice as a kid. Both were glue bombs, but that helped one of them to make it to today, I am restoring it from a flat black and white police car to a light green slant six base model. I have three built ups, and two unbuilts that are waiting their turn in my stash. I have great memories of playing with green army guys and those police cars.