Model Cars Magazine Forum

Help on paint color

Bridgebuster

Not the best picture....do you have any better ones?

Tamiya TS-50 Mica blue might be the color indeed, but you should try it over different base colors to get it as close as you can. Here are my tests over(from left to right) TS-14 gloss black, TS-38 gunmetal, and TS-30 silver leaf:

DSCN2334-vi.jpg

• Like 1

Not the best picture....do you have any better ones?

Tamiya TS-50 Mica blue might be the color indeed, but you should try it over different base colors to get it as close as you can. Here are my tests over(from left to right) TS-14 gloss black, TS-38 gunmetal, and TS-30 silver leaf:

DSCN2334-vi.jpg

Thanks!! I'll go get a can of the Mica Blue. I think the TS-30 looks closest. Since we don't have the Chevelle anymore, I'm going from memory (which is about shot like the rest of me).

Thanks again,

Phil

Thanks!! I'll go get a can of the Mica Blue. I think the TS-30 looks closest.

Phil - If that one looks the closest, you will need more than one can of paint; the Mica Blue is TS-50, while the TS-30 is Silver Leaf(the base color). My numbering system on the spoon pics shows the base color numbers under the top color number, so I can make more accurate captions.

Not having the car anymore allows you more color leeway, so you have it made IMO....I hunted for about 6 years for a color to get even near to the metalflake finish on my 1:1 dune buggy, and having it right in the garagemade it hard to accept an 'almost.'

DSCN8926_edited-vi.jpg

• 3 years later...

Hello guys, sorry for "revive" a old topic.

I'm Only registered here or find this forum because this photo.

I Buy a Subaru Impreza and what know, the Blue from Subaru is this TS-Mica with Silver TS-30 or is better pick a PS-16 and TS-30, I dont have any spray color for test.

I like the TS-50 Mica with TS-30, but someone have a PS-16 and TS-30, Will help my alot...

Thx, and Sorry again.

I'm not familiar with PS-16...after Googling it, I see it's a metallic blue polycarbonate paint(for clear RC car bodies).....I won't be testing that any time soon

I did test Tamiya's TS-19 metallic blue over(from left to right) TS-14 gloss black, TS-38 gunmetal, and TS-30 silver leaf:

DSCN2332-vi.jpg

Edited by VW Dave

Man this color TS-19 with TS-30 looks great, with TS-14 too...

I Think I'll paint with 19 and 30, if I find it on local stores...

Thx so much for post it man !

just another thing, do you think this TS work in the same "way" like PS ?
I'll use in a polycarbonate clear body..

Thx so much !

Have nice day !