Model Cars Magazine Forum

Issue #174 Is In The House!

How about this? One of our club members ahd same issue with a car magazine. Called to complain on a regular basis. Finally the guy said your issue must be the top one in the bundle, is the zip code where you work different than home? He said yes, had the addressed changed to work, and the problem did go away He did ask the magazine guy if that meant the next person who will now be on top will probably have the same issue and the guy said 'yes'. So problem fixed for one may casue issue for another. As I see it, the PO wants to complain that mail delivery is going down, but until they improve their own service especially with magazines I do not subscribe unless it is a SIGNIFICANT savings. I still get Hemming Muscle because delevered it is 4 or 5 bucks cheaper than getting it off magazine shelf. Other magazines that are almost the same price, I do not get the subscription, wait and see if I like it, then buy it off the shelf. I like going to LHS and looking around and luckily it is less than 10 miles from the house so I just go get Model Cars about a week after I see first post saying someone got theirs, seems to be the correct wait time.

As an LHS that carries the magazine, I haven't seen the December issue yet, nevermind the newest one. Seems like it takes an awful long time to ship from Colorado to Maine where my PO Box is.

I know there is a parcel there now from them that arrived last week so I will have to check and see which issue it is, but if it is the Dec. issue....2 months to receive it? That is just unacceptable. Even the slowest snail mail moves faster than that.

Have you had a lot of complaints about this, Scott? I know I only visit your shop once every 2 weeks so I expect my issues to be delayed anyway. I don't really mind the delay the content is worth it. :)