Model Cars Magazine Forum

29 Hoochy Mobile

Smart-Resins

I had some extra parts left over after the wife got a 29 goodguys truck, so hunted around for a few more.Decided to do a dropped ratted out hoochy tanker. Heres some progress pics so far.I reversed the front horns and added a tube cross bar with a spring bar. Moved the tranny mount up to the top of the frame and moved forward slightly. Now working on a rear cross bar with spring mount. Will have a caddy 354 in it and a 32 Ford street rod rear end and Lincold wheels(dualies in the rear).Enjoy

Picture.jpg

This one is first mock up with scratch built tank

Picture031.jpg

This is of the front frame.

Picture030.jpg

This is a quick mock up at proper ride height without the tank.

Hello. Got a little more done on this.Havent posted in a short while, so I will have just a few picks here. I have channeled the cab and made the floor pan and fitted the seat and even fitted Al. I have notched out the rear of the frame, made the motor mounts and started to paint the frame.Heres the pics. of the freshly painted frame.Still have to finish weathering it with a brown(iron) wash.

Picture048.jpg

Picture049.jpg

Picture047.jpg

Picture046.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Got some more done. Tried to plumb the mill. This is my first.What a pain in the buttox! Good thing for flashlights, and nail polish remover and more paint! Wanted to get this done for a show, but Its not as perfect as I would like, so I dont know. I am still having fun with it though.Anyways after painting and stripping the motor, then wiring the distributor and the starter, I moved on to finishing the floor boards and painting the cab. Last night I made the bed and this morning I finshed the bed off and added pins to represent carriage bolts. Slowly getting there, but having fun doing it! Heres just a few shots. Thanks. Jody

Picture082.jpg

Picture083.jpg

Picture085.jpg

Picture090.jpg

Picture091.jpg

Picture092.jpg

Picture093.jpg

Thats comin out good. Man thats a heck of a drop lol I was originally wantin mine that low but decided against it. Also lookin at the back of your cab solved an issue I have on mine. The notch for the Driveshaft. While mine isn't as low in the rear the shaft is in the bottom of the cab now. Now I know how to solve it

midnight, glad I could have been a help to you. Everyone, thanks for the encouraging words. I have a quick change coming in the mail for me to help finish off the rear end. I will be scratch building mu rear spring. Have two issues. I do not have spindles to fit the front axle and still looking for brakes for it. Once I can allocate them, this thing will move ahead more. Right now I can only do a couple of little odds and ends. If I cant find any spindles, I may try my hand at making them, but this scale is sooo tiny and am scared of trying it! Jody