Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Boss 302 (converted from Revell Mach 1 kit)

Rod

Hello!

Here's a few pics of an older build I did. I used the engine from the AMT Cougar Eliminator, front suspension from the AMT '67 Mustang and window slats from the Revell '70 Boss 302. Paint is Cobra Colors Calypso Coral and decals are Fred Cady. I hinged the seats and the glove box door as well.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_1667-vi.jpgIMG_1664-vi.jpgIMG_1651-vi.jpgIMG_1654-vi.jpgIMG_1656-vi.jpgIMG_1657-vi.jpgIMG_1659-vi.jpgIMG_1661-vi.jpg

Is this the one you brought to the Milwaukee NNL a couple years ago? Or is it a different one?

If it is this thing was sweet in person, the detail in it is out of this world. I remember talking to you about your other Ford you had there, I think it was a 64 or so. You do some awesome work Rod!!!! Hope to see you at the NNL again this year!!

Is this the one you brought to the Milwaukee NNL a couple years ago? Or is it a different one? If it is this thing was sweet in person, the detail in it is out of this world. I remember talking to you about your other Ford you had there, I think it was a 64 or so. You do some awesome work Rod!!!! Hope to see you at the NNL again this year!![/quote Thanks! Yes that was at the NNL in 2010. I will be there this year. Z

Wow! This is the finest build that I have ever seen of the Revell/Monogram series of '69/'70 Mustang kits... and I've seen a lot of these kits built over the years! Your detail and paint work are both amazing! Are those the kit-supplied wheels?
Thank you! I think the wheels were modified from an AMT Roadrunner kit.

That is one beautiful Boss 302 ! Never seen one built that color before . Your detailing is fantastic , I'm going to study this for awhile . Thanks for the tip on the wheels , I never liked the ones in the Mach I kit .
Thank you! If you search for 1802 on Fotki you will find a bunch of construction pics in it's folder.

Is this the one you brought to the Milwaukee NNL a couple years ago? Or is it a different one?

If it is this thing was sweet in person, the detail in it is out of this world. I remember talking to you about your other Ford you had there, I think it was a 64 or so. You do some awesome work Rod!!!! Hope to see you at the NNL again this year!![/quote

Thanks!

Yes that was at the NNL in 2010. I will be there this year. Z

That's what I thought, have safe travels coming down. Can't wait to see what ya bring this year!!!