Model Cars Magazine Forum

AC Cobra 427 CSX3133 in 1/16th Scale

great work so far mate I got this and am currently doing it up as a British racing green race car just one question how did you do the lettering on the tyres?

I thinned some Tamiya XF-2 (Flat White) down a little with Tamiya Thinner and hand painted the letters by letting the paint flow into the recessed areas of each letter. It's slow and tedious, but also the only way it can be done...

There are not a lot of 1/16th tire decals out-there. :(

For your next one-the letters are not actually white. They are a light tan right from G'year and they turn a darker tan color immediately from heat and use. They're sprayed on and pretty sloppy with overspray.

For your next one-the letters are not actually white. They are a light tan right from G'year and they turn a darker tan color immediately from heat and use. They're sprayed on and pretty sloppy with overspray.

You're right about the color on AC Cobra's except for the Doc's...the letters on his Goodyear tires are definitely white

You're right about the color on AC Cobra's except for the Doc's...the letters on his Goodyear tires are definitely white

Forgot you were doing a customer car. His is over-restored but that's his privilege.

Forgot you were doing a customer car. His is over-restored but that's his privilege.

His is not a restoration of this chassis in any of its prior stages of creation...he just built his own version of an AC Cobra 427.

His bank account is definitely at a different level than mine

trunk finished, roll bar support bracket and fuel pumps in place...ready to be attached to the body:

photo14-vi.jpg

photo10-vi.jpg

Trunk in place, roll bar support rod attached to bracket:

photo18-vi.jpg

photo9-vi.jpg

The body is finished, all ready to be placed on the chassis:

photo17-vi.jpg

photo16-vi.jpg

photo8-vi.jpg

photo7-vi.jpg

Headers attached to engine, exhaust waiting for the body to be set on chassis so they can be hung in place.

photo2-vi.jpg

I have run into a little problem with installing the exhaust pipes to the headers. With the body in place, the exhaust pipes come up about 1/8" - 3/16" short of mating up with the headers. So, I'll have to extend the pipes for fit

Next should be the final chapter in this build, hope the Doc likes it!

c'ya

Edited by curt raitz

His is not a restoration of this chassis in any of its prior stages of creation...he just built his own version of an AC Cobra 427.

His bank account is definitely at a different level than mine

So, you're saying his is not an original. What is the builder source? Factory Five? Superformance? Other?

• 7 months later...