Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Beaumont

spkgibson

post-4101-0-85648500-1350490392_thumb.jpThis is my latest project, The back is modified with styrene strips, The taillights are 100% scratchbuilt, The flat hood is from the original master I made and had R&R make me 6 copys of.The rest is the parts from model car garage.For the stock wheels i'll be using the ones out of the 55 Chrysler, They are really close to the late 60's pontiac wheelcovers.

post-4101-0-77435100-1350490430_thumb.jp

post-4101-0-60286500-1350490474_thumb.jp

post-4101-0-14515900-1350490503_thumb.jp

This car was based off the Chevelle bodystyle from 1964-69, And sold in Canada.The Tempest/Lemans/GTO Was only availible in the US Untill 1970, Canada got the Lemans and other versions in 1970, That's why the Beaumont was made for the midsize GM Pontiacs in Canada.But I could be wrong with the facts as I'm no expert on cars from Canada.

Very nice start Steve. You are correct about your Beaumont history. I assume you know they came with Chevy engines and the S/D models had killer engine combos.GM marketed several different Chevy lines partially rebodied as Pontiacs. The Canadian Pontiac version of the Vega was called the Astra and Bert Straus (Chilly Willy gasser fame) ran one w/Chevy s.b. in Pro Stock. I think it took the NHRA a while to legalize that one.

I'll be nice to see one besides mine. LOL :D

I really gotta finish mine up someday too. The body's all done now, even the foil and windows but just need a couple things to finish it the way I want.

BTW Steve, the dash from the Monogram '69 GTO is accurate for the Beaumont and is actually a pretty good fit.

154_5403-vi.jpg

154_5404-vi.jpg

I used the one out of the 67 AMT GTO,It had the 69-72 style dash along with the 67' Dash, I have it in color, Hugger Orange with the Black interior, Like the one I seen at the Autorama Car Show in 98'.