Model Cars Magazine Forum

how to remove left over bmf glue from paint

sorry yes detail master. stuff. Its the only one i could find at the time,. and that is all I have been using.. cant wait to try to real stuff one day.. maybe I would not be having this issue with the glue.

Oh, man, I'm sorry. That stuff is nasty. I would try Roger's suggestion with the alcohol.

We have some stuff called "Sticky Stuff Remover" which is sort of orange-smelling. It's intended for getting tape or sticker residue off (eg price stickers, or when your kids plaster their beds with Snoopy stickers and want to replace them with Bratz ones five years later). It works a treat, and has no effect on paint or gloss coated areas (though check for YOUR paint and gloss first, obviously). Came from a homeware store in the cleaning products section. Lemon juice might work as well...

bestest,

M.

Edited by Matt Bacon

We have some stuff called "Sticky Stuff Remover" which is sort of orange-smelling. It's intended for getting tape or sticker residue off (eg price stickers, or when your kids plaster their beds with Snoopy stickers and want to replace them with Bratz ones five years later). It works a treat, and has no effect on paint or gloss coated areas (though check for YOUR paint and gloss first, obviously). Came from a homeware store in the cleaning products section. Lemon juice might work as well...

bestest,

M.

do you mean Goo Gone.stuff?. My wife has a big thing of that stuff in storage

Goo Gone should work pretty well. I use that on my 1:1 car to get rid of bug guts. I would assume lightly dampening the towel or cloth and gently rubbing the adhesive off. Make sure to try it on the underside of the body on the overspray where you cannot see to see if it will attack the paint before getting after the glue on the shiny side. I suppose when you get the chance or the money you could pick up a sheet of BMF and ease your frustration next time. I have almost a whole sheet of the DM stuff I cannot give away.

Rub your finger against the side of your nose and buff with that. The natural skin oils will take that glue residue right off.

I was also told that this method is good for giving interiors a slight shine like leather. Paint the interior with a flat coat, then rub the nose grease on the high points.

Most important.. it's the stuff on the OUTSIDE of your nose, not the INSIDE! :) And it's free!

Just want to let you all know. Thank you so much for the tips and advise. Looks like the goo gone worked like a charm....the caprice is back on the bench and ready to go. Wish me luck with the foil.

Thanks.

Edited by Scalper