Model Cars Magazine Forum

Car Wash : Max, throw the sponge !

philbass

When i build my last 32 HB i had a little scenery for him in my head.

Now i start the build of this litle diorama (21 cm x 29 cm).

I use many different material for it like Depron, wood stirrers, plastic ...

I start with the base :

DSCN6282-vi.jpg

DSCN6284-vi.jpg

DSCN6285-vi.jpg

Then i scratch the piece of the garage

DSCN6286-vi.jpg

with the doors made in styrene

DSCN6289-vi.jpg

Edited by philbass

Thats something you don't often see , ( The piano hinge garage doors ) That style of door wasn't often used as the heavy tracks needed to support such a door were indeed cumbersome . I rented in such a garage for years and there was a Greek Revival Atlantic service station here that can be found on the web using this stle of door . Keep us posted of this interesting project too. Ed Shaver

thanks men for your support

looking good so far

dont forget to ad a few of these ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Four-1-24-Fast-Women-C...=item5d256144cf

no no no, nobody can touch this 32, the owner don't want ! :P

Here is the little update for the day, i start the paint job on the Garage, i made from scratch some details like the radio, the chair, ...

and i think i found now the scenery for this diorama with the right figure (it came from the mecanics fujimi box)

here's the pics :

DSCN6325-vi.jpg

DSCN6322-vi.jpg

DSCN6315-vi.jpg

DSCN6317-vi.jpg

DSCN6323-vi.jpg

DSCN6324-vi.jpg

DSCN6327-vi.jpg

Hi Phil

This is a very well designed and executed diorama. The story is there, the workmanship is there and the compsition is excellent. One thing did catch my attention though. To me your garden hose looks more like a fire hose. It looks to be out of scale. I think it should be about 1mm in diameter to be in scale.

Thanks

Carl

Thanks men

That's awsome. You really know how to set a scene, and you have excellent scratch building skills.

Your photography is very good too. What camera and settings are you using?

It's an old Nikon coolpix like this one

nikon-coolpix-3100-p_3380vb.png

But i take my pics in a light photo box

DSCN6371-vi.jpg

Hi Phil

This is a very well designed and executed diorama. The story is there, the workmanship is there and the compsition is excellent. One thing did catch my attention though. To me your garden hose looks more like a fire hose. It looks to be out of scale. I think it should be about 1mm in diameter to be in scale.

Thanks

Carl

i i saw that but i have nothing else to do my garden hose. in real it's not so bad, and i make a new composition for it inside the scenery, it's better (for me !)

Yes, the end nears, i still have to do the effects of water and wet on the ground.

Well I painted my figure with my meager knowledge, the purist on the figurines will be convulsed with laughter, but hey, again, i am too bad for this job.

Anyway, overall it goes not too bad, I finally found!

A ton of pictures but I'm pretty happy with the scenery:

DSCN6408-vi.jpg

DSCN6406-vi.jpg

DSCN6401-vi.jpg

DSCN6395-vi.jpg

DSCN6394-vi.jpg

DSCN6393-vi.jpg

DSCN6392-vi.jpg

DSCN6388-vi.jpg

DSCN6387-vi.jpg

DSCN6386-vi.jpg

I understand the layout. It appears just as it may appear in a photograph, where the building may appear "cut off". This may be because the building would not necessarily be the center of attention in the scene.

In other words, it looks good!

I understand the layout. It appears just as it may appear in a photograph, where the building may appear "cut off". This may be because the building would not necessarily be the center of attention in the scene.

In other words, it looks good!

Exactely, thanks :D