Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I received some vintage resto projects in the mail yesterday. All but the Javelin came yesterday. Dropped off a few parts to a local garage, and he had a bunch of AMC stuff on display, gave me the Javelin Funny car body which is a complete body, for free.

Silver firebird looks like it was dipped in paint, its so thick.

MPCfirebirdprojects_zps523eee7d.jpg

DusterProjects_zpsfa2815b5.jpg

Javelincycloneprojects_zps7823c3bb.jpg

Edited by prostockmania

Well I finally got back from vacation. I enjoyed it but I'm glad to be back on the bench. Here are some things I recently scored. The Ghia and the Fiat are from John's models in pensacola FL, I highly recommend going if your ever in his neck of the woods. The monza was a gift from a friend. And all of the tools are from a discount tool store.

post-8818-0-91803600-1373752879_thumb.jp

Edited by Austin T

IMG_0067_zpse2ee75f6.jpg

Ooooooh. That's a nice haul. I really want a few of those. I actually had three Initial D kits, the 86 and two different rx-7's. I sold them to a friend because I wasn't into them,but now I'm getting into Initial D and wish I had them back.

I got a big package from VCG Resins. The first two copies of my LS7 crate motor, 6 T-56 six- speed manuals, 3 of the 6L80 six-speed autos, a half dozen sets of the 572 valve covers and a pair of the resin EFI BBC intakes from the AMT '67 Impala.

Don't quote me, but wasn't there some issues with VCG Resin reported fairly recently?

In my personal experience, they (VCG) have been great to work with. I've never waited more than a day for a reply to an email and have talked to Manny personally on the phone. I had Manny hold my order until all the masters that I'd sent him were cast and ready for production but even that entire process only took a couple of weeks.

Got a Canon EOS 1100D camera. Now I can put pics up.

Nice camera. I had an XSi. Now I have a 7D. All you need now are a few lenses and a tripod and a flash and a bag and a back pack and a remote release and a spare card and a battery grip and...

Enjoy the hobby. I do.

Dale

I got in the mail last week Friday actually this resin-body LX conversion purchased on eBay. The body is based on the 93 Cobra kit from the looks of it. They re-modeled the rear bumper, and the front bumper is molded-in. Some filling and sanding will be needed and possible lower grill posts. It came with a Saleen wing (re-casted from the one in the convertible kit) A cowl drag race hood, and some drag racing wheels. I'll build it as a 93 and I've started looking at photos online.

IMG_20130717_162452Medium-vi.jpg

IMG_20130717_162556Medium-vi.jpg

IMG_20130717_162519Medium-vi.jpg

IMG_20130717_162628Medium-vi.jpg

IMG_20130717_162510Medium-vi.jpg

Just got some primer, been wanting to try this stuff, but the seller sent the wrong item, I did not order black primer, I ordered two cans of gray , hopefully the seller will fix the issue

IMG_0083_zps077b0033.jpg

Where you got this?

Simón P. Rivea Torres

003-3.jpg

2pack Pegasus alu rings with wheels,2 bottle of glue,Resin Honda K20 and Ferrari 288GTO photoetch.

007-2.jpg

005-3.jpg

Impressed with amount of parts in the 57 Chevy kit,inside it said it was 50 anniversary or somthing,skill 3.

006-2.jpg

1970 Issue 55 Chevy wich i recived with a crushed box and ripped seal :(

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...