Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 40 Ford Sedan Stock Car , first time building

CrazyGirl

i am posting pics wrong , so forgive me people , first let me say what a great bunch you all seem to be , very welcoming , so this is my plan , when i bought this 40 Ford i also bought a 34 Ford early modified and i am going to use that chassis , i just need to make it about 1/2 inch longer , so i bought a bunch of styrene material of different sizes , and while i was at it i bought a few more models :lol: this is a blast , this sure beats the heck out of my sewing club !!! and if the girls could see me now they would call the guys in the white coats !!!!!! so next will be to set up a cool work station and get all the goodies , CC is empty , so time to fill it up !! Shop till you drop , and that i have no problem with :P

You're just putting you photo in a separate post ... Just type what you want to say and add the photo link before you hit post.

Your car is looking fantastic .. the cutouts look just right! And, that's some smooth looking paint!

Now, about your sewing club ... we sew here too! This is a link to a build here where I sewed a bean bag chair to go in a build of my daughter's van. You'll see it about halfway down the page. :)

I'm happy to have you aboard.

thanks for the comments !!! ,, it will be a week or so before i can do much more , there are tons of things i bought and am waiting on , and tons more i need to get ,,,, but one thing is bugging me ( well a few , that i will bug you on later ) what is bugging me is a master brake cylinder, i think thats what it's called, where do i get one , or has anyone made one , i want to run brake lines and stuff oh and can a master brake cylinder be mounted inside the car ?? and not on the firewall

Edited by CrazyGirl

You can find them in various kits, but, sorry, I can't give you any specifics. It would be too much anyway to get a kit just for a master cylinder. This is something you could try your hand at scratch building as it's not real complicated to make one from a cylinder and bits and pieces. You seem to remember the car you're building vividly .. you remember how the master cylinder looked?

Quote: and while i was at it i bought a few more models :lol: this is a blast , this sure beats the heck out of my sewing club !!! and if the girls could see me now they would call the guys in the white coats !!!!!!

You have the perfect sense of humor for this place! Welcome!

Your car looks great! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more and reading your comments!!! Thank you for the laugh! B)

004_zps3d0a2a2b.jpgoh wow Thanks Doc Kerry ,, but i just so happens i had one in this other kit ,but thanks that was nice of you to offer !! ,, anyway i made some progress got the chassis stretched out , 3/8 of an inch ,, it made a huge difference and i have the stance i want that looks good i think ,, but i was so into doing the frame i forgot to take a pic of the stretch ,,, this is a lot more work than i expected , but i am glad actualy , it's a blast !!007_zps8872b16b.jpg

Edited by CrazyGirl

ok here is where i am at ,, first off , i feel like tossing it and starting over i could have and can do 100% better , i rushed the shocks and didn't take the proper time to clean them up ,, but i guess i'll continue on ,, i need to make U clamps for the axle to bolt to the springs and i am scratch building the floor pans and a few other parts ,, but i am not all that pleased with myself , but being a stock car i guess it's a good way to get my feet wet and when it comes to my next builds i plan on stepping it up a whole bunch001_zps27da56cd.jpg

Anne,

Great work so far, particularly for your first build. You seem like a kindred spirit; jumping right into the deep end of things. You go girl!

If you're unfamiliar with all the little bits and pieces that make up an automobile, a great reference source is the advertisements in hot rod magazines. They show detailed photos of individual components (such as master cylinders).