Model Cars Magazine Forum

Heller 1:24 Trailer

greymack

Hey guys just wanted to post a short review on some awesome and highly detailed trailers for semi's.I finely got a chance to start building my Heller 1:24 scale trailor I was very amazed with this build so far and all the detail it has and with easy instructions to fallow thats always a bonus. The trailer is of european design and seems to be built some what more heavy dutty.It does have a tri axle but is single wheel and not a duallie like most domestic semi trailer axles.It also has some great decals which can be used on this kit or others. I have noticed that this kit can be built in many ways and is a great model to add with any collection .So guys that is my short write up and review on Heller Humbrol Trailors.Anyways I give this trailer 2 thumbs up.

It is a nice kit, congrats.

Yes, European semi trailers have been tri-axle and single-tyred since the Seventies as standard. The Heller kit depicts one of the early versions from the Seventies with the 80 profile Michelin Pilot X tyres. The tyres became wider and lower profile in later years and today they are mostly 385/65R22. There are few trailers left of the type the Heller kit resembles and every time I see one, it makes me chuckle at the thought that a 30+ year old device is still earning its bread.

the nice thing about it is that it looks correct behind any tractor, be it from the Seventies, or today.

Edited by Junkman

Does anyone know how much would be involved into converting it into a U. S type trailer ? Ed Shaver

Not sure whether you can make an accurate US trailer out of it at all. But the least thing you'd have to change is the bogie. That requires altering the rear portion of the frame, since European trailers don't have sliding bogies.