Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt 362( Great Pumpkin painted)

Just for curiosity sake. Haven't delt with a COE in years. Should the end of the cylinder not go between the two tabs? Therefore making it stronger? Just wondering. Awesome build though.

They do I just don't have the spacers made up for the frame yet.It's just easier outside for mock up.

• 3 weeks later...

Cool but Porkys is 25th and the one Dakota is building is 24th, thats the one Im lookin for.

Hey Dave

Unless I am way out in left field,,,my cab and this cab are for the most part the same cab and both are 1/25th scale. The cab I am casting now is one of the cabs in this post reworked by the man who made the master for it,,,he made it back in 2003 I think, this is prolly one that Bobby Griffen cast a few years back. The diff in the cab I am casting and this cab is the doors were cut out and 377 kit doors grafted in, the baggage doors, sleeper vents, cab steps rewoked and the leading edge of the roof was reworked and sloped off more like the 1:1 trucks. But I would think they are the same scale, mine is 110mm front to back, thats 110 inch in scale and I would bet the cab here is the same,,,

Hey Dave

Unless I am way out in left field,,,my cab and this cab are for the most part the same cab and both are 1/25th scale. The cab I am casting now is one of the cabs in this post reworked by the man who made the master for it,,,he made it back in 2003 I think, this is prolly one that Bobby Griffen cast a few years back. The diff in the cab I am casting and this cab is the doors were cut out and 377 kit doors grafted in, the baggage doors, sleeper vents, cab steps rewoked and the leading edge of the roof was reworked and sloped off more like the 1:1 trucks. But I would think they are the same scale, mine is 110mm front to back, thats 110 inch in scale and I would bet the cab here is the same,,,

I would like to buy one of your cabs is it available yet?

• 2 months later...

I can't decide which way to hang the mud flaps, but I'm leaning toward the ones on the fenders

If it were mine, I would put the mud flaps on those nice fenders, take off the long light arms, and put a drop down stubby "bumper" that will have the lights in it but will sit between the fenders to show them off. Just a thought.

Barry

fenders, and make a plate under the frame fore the lights. make it as wide of the frame ,cut the lower corners at a 45. then out line it with the marker lights. Lets say 2 or 3 down each side one on each corner(45) 2 or 3 alone the bottom. Then brake/turn lights on the inside of them( upper and lower and tag in the center.I don't have one too show.hope you get the idea. Wish I did last week when I was working on the snap KW.

Edited by clayton

Hang the flaps off the fenders!

There is a truck here locally running fenders like yours and he has mounted the light bars to the bottom edge of the fenders!

Hang the flaps off the fenders!

There is a truck here locally running fenders like yours and he has mounted the light bars to the bottom edge of the fenders!

I agree with Johnny, add the light bats to the fenders and then hang the flaps.

That is how the truck I was telling you about had them ! Looks Great!;)

Now the beautiful fenders are not hid from view from the rear! Also in a real world application this makes the light bars and flaps less suceptable to damage while under a trailer!:angry:

Edited by Johnny