Model Cars Magazine Forum

Im New to models and the forum! Hello All!

Hey hows it going everyone, I'm new to the Forum and models in general.

(A little background about my self)

So I've never really been into building Models.

I remember getting a model car 15+ years ago as a gift, and couldn't stand it. It was too hard to paint and glue together,not to mention that it took too much time to build.

Fast forward to about a month ago, my brother gave me a model car for Christmas.

Sort of as a joke gift, he knew that i had been saving money to buy a new car (a real car) and wouldn't have enough money for sometime.

So he bought me a model of the car I wanted, to tide me over until i had enough saved to purchase the real thing.

I was grateful for the gift and thanked him ( but secretly thought to myself "oh great, it going to turn into a pile of junk like the last one, 15 years earlier")

A few days after Christmas I began building the model, and to my surprise ............IT WAS AWESOME!

I never knew that models could be so fun!!!! All of the little details, the wheels and the painting, I loved it all.

What had I been missing my whole life???

So I bought a few more, 4 more to be exact!!! And I am sure I will be buying more in the future!!!! LOL

Anyways here's a video of the 3rd model car that I have ever built in my life!!! I think it came out pretty well, let me know what you guys think.

http://youtu.be/cj_Uc_7MTpQ

First of all, welcome to the forum. I loved your video. Nice job on the model, the paint looks great. Seems like there are always a few tweaks on every one I build. I've never built the '61 but, it looks difficult with all the chrome trim. Hope to see a lot more of your work. :)

Welcome back and to the hobby and the forum here. Looks like you are doing well as a beginner and will be a good fit here with the rest of us plastic nuts.

A word of caution though- if you find yourself with 20 half finished models, about 250 more waiting to be built and you are spending more time on the forum than on building, there is nothing wrong with you, it is perfectly normal!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Just remember it is a hobby and have fun.

Man that's the way model cars are...they get you hook, line and sinker! The same thing happened to me back in the 80's. The hook is so deep now that I'd need a total brain extraction to get it out. I LOVE MODEL CARS!

By the looks of your third model, I'd say you're off to a great start bud!

The video is a nice touch too...

Welcome to the forum Jason!

thanks for all the welcomes!

Im starting a new thread here (in the "on the workbench" section)

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=70263&st=0&p=870913

It will show the process of my latest build, a Red Metal Flake 56 Nomad

I'll be doing a video log of the car,

here is the first video in the series, (there are a few more in the link above)

http://youtu.be/zKTGB3b7Bcc

Edited by Model Car Kustoms