Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Cougar II

Scottnkat

This was made from the Lindberg kit. This one started relatively simple, then became a nightmare.
The finish was nail polish and I painted the whole body and all panels as one unit to ensure an even finish.
The box top shows a white top, but I wanted more of a brushed aluminum look, so I took some creative license

DSCN2204a.jpg

DSCN2205a.jpg

Here's the interior dash:

DSCN2209a.jpg

The doors open and the windows roll up and down:

DSCN2214a.jpg

The hood opens to show the engine:

DSCN2211a.jpg

Bart, this was the first kit my wife bought me after I had my accident. It was her idea to use model-building to help me get some dexterity in my hand and fingers. At the time, I figured that Lindberg = few pieces and easy to do. When we got home and I opened it up, I told her that we're going to need to wait on this as there was no way I could do that kit at the time. It'd been sitting in the hobby room since then and I finally decided to give it a go.

It's a nice little kit and I loved all the extra little things about it - I'm thinking that if I get another one, I'm building one with a removable targa top... :P

the cougar2 was originally an IMC kit, they were usually well detailed though the ones I had personally seemed a bit smaller than the 1/25 scale claimed on the box.

the door windows on the cougar2 don't actually "roll" up/down but the are made to be raised/lowered and I think the front wheels are poseable.

Very Nice! Not the easiest kit in the world by any means, but yours turned out well! I built this one a few years ago, and I had my share of swearing under my breath as there are some fiddly bits about it. ;)

Mike's correct about the windows--------they raised and lowered on spring loaded "risers" IIRC, as there wasn't an actual window regulator to wind the glass up and down.