Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Metal Mistress: Finished !

FASTBACK340

No sleep tonight…. Just made some coffee. Come hell or high water, I'm there tomorrow with this thing. While it seems like I'm wasting time right now, I'm actually taking a much needed break as my neck is getting sore. Besides, I can get disgusted watching the Mets lose and go back upstairs.

Here's a few quick shots

Image-vi.jpg

Image7-vi.jpg

Image2-vi.jpg

Image6-vi.jpg

Image4-vi.jpg

I figure if I get about 4 hours sleep I should be able to function tomorrow….. See ya latr….

You will make it. Last week I finished my mach at 230 am. Got up at 6 did final polish and drove 2 hrs to contest. Year before did final on 2 and finished at 7 am. Went all night so I feel your pain lol. My wife thinks I'm nuts. Haha

My wife KNOWS I'm nuts. She walked past the hobby room, waved bye-bye, and went to bed an hour ago. She knows she's going to be up early as I'm running on adrenaline now. I had an exhaust issue that not only got resolved, but the solution looked better than what I was originally thinking! I think it's going to neat when it's done. I'm taking another break but the last round is coming. Emblems, handles, wipers, and badging. Throw the battery in, and hook up the cables. Fortunately NNL East is about 45 minutes from me. Just gotta escape the island and hit the mainland.

I'll pop in when she's done. B)

Go John, go! I pulled off final assembly last night at 2:00 AM before a little sleep and a drive down from Massachusetts. You can do it!

Can't wait to see it on the table.

Charlie Larkin

Not much left as I posted. I'll be going up in a few minutes and trim it out.

I can't wait.

4 1/2 hours sleep…. I'm good to go. NNL East, here we come!!!!

More pictures in the coveted Under Glass section. Thank you for the 12K plus views and all the encouragement along the way. I wish I wasn't hurting which pushed back the build, but it's done. And I'm OK with the finished product. B)

Edited by FASTBACK340

4 1/2 hours sleep…. I'm good to go. NNL East, here we come!!!!

A funny thing, when John posted this I was already at the hall for an hour and a half setting up the show. I'll bet I got about 4 hours sleep too. Many thanks to John for bringing the Barracuda over to me. I didn't get to see much of the show since I was running most of the day, but this build is spectacular!

• 1 year later...

RIP John you taught me so much thanks for all the time you took to help me along with my modeling. We also shared a passion for these special cars, not sure you ever got to see the finished product of my 1:1 so here you go buddy a pic of mine with my son riding shotgun on her maiden voyage. Hope you get to look down and have smile at this one. Thanks again for all the time you took up with me teaching and encouraging. Your friend Bob.

image.jpg

Edited by Skypower