Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th 57 Chevy Turbo ProMod (03-14-13) Finished Bull-Horns with V-band clamps

Prostreet

Look in Good! Great job on the tubs. This is one of those builds were you have to keep reminding yourself it is not 1:1 while looking at the pictures.

I made a cabinet to keep finished parts from getting dusty. It is not perfect but keeps 95% of the dust off. It has a glass door so I can remember what is in there. I do keep a couple of the silicon bag thingy in it to keep the humidity down. I also have a dehumidifier in the room. It is real hilly here were I live and never much of a breeze so humidity is a problem.

post-1809-0-71180700-1354020646_thumb.jp

Thx. Scott. looking for some ideas of stuff i can use for injectors, maybe some of you guys can give me some input. I have acctually seen a couple turbo cars that use the blower intake with mechanical injection, But that would be the easy way out. I know it's gonna be hard to be accurate biengs they are gonna be so small.

Edited by Prostreet

Ok, I got the Oil pump knocked out. This is based of the plueger Oil pump which is a dual pump, The pump should be a little bigger than what i made it. When i did my chassis i didn't use a big enough radius to allow room for the pump so i had to cheat it a little. I used RB motion fittings and hardware, For lines i'm using Pro-Tech braided line ( This stuff is so easy to work with and looks so realistic). I painted the Motor plate Matte black. The small fittings near the front of the pan are for the Oil returns on the turbos. I will probably mount the motor permanently now then start adding everything else. i painted the block with some chrome paint i found at home depot, it resembles polished aluminum ( looks better in person) and the pan is tamiiya flat aluminum.

The pump has 4 fittings, ( -12 in 1:1), 1 runs to the oil filter, 1 runs from filter back to the pump which goes right into the block, the other 2 run to the oil tank. The line from the pump to the Pan (-16 in 1:1), I have only seen 2 promods run the alcohol or top fuel style pan. I had the other more popular style pan that promods run but it turned into a lost cause. Hope to have some more updates again soon.

Big thx. to Dave (comp1839) He helped me through the oil system layout.

007-vi.jpg

9-vi.jpg

009-vi.jpg

010-vi.jpg

Edited by Prostreet

Joe... that engine looks great buddy!! Killer work man. You have me wanting to get more of my engine done on my F/C and get my block painted so I can start assembling it. Keep up the Killer work. I am hoping to get those pics out to you here in the next few days. This week has been a little crazy with starting a new job.

Well didn't get close to what i wanted to get done, I wanted to run 8 injectors per side but there wasn't enough room to get it done so i had to settle for 8 total. I have only ever seen a couple outlaw 10.5 turbo cars run only 8 injectors, usually a majority of the high Hp cars run 16 injectors. so here is the main part done, i decided to go with a whole new lower and run square runners which i think look better, tommarrow after work i want to ad the weld decals to the intake and fuel/oil cells. upper is made out of renshape.

7-vi.jpg

007-vi.jpg

Added a new member to the family today, reason i didn't get much done lol.

004-vi.jpg