Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24-25 hotrod garage diorama

crazyrichard

I just spent some time examining your latest photos. I enjoyed watching the progress as you built, but I was satisfied with the project as a photo back drop, when you changed direction and went for the full diorama. It is cool to watch progress, changes in the original idea, and changes made along the way. It's all part of the creative process. You really pulled this one off! It looks simply smashing! Thanks for bringing us all along for the ride! :)

I just spent some time examining your latest photos. I enjoyed watching the progress as you built, but I was satisfied with the project as a photo back drop, when you changed direction and went for the full diorama. It is cool to watch progress, changes in the original idea, and changes made along the way. It's all part of the creative process. You really pulled this one off! It looks simply smashing! Thanks for bringing us all along for the ride! :)

thnx tom !! and well i will def build a nother diorama (garage) this time i will start with some experience and knowing what im going for ..

this way i can also pay attention to the outside of the garage :)

maybe i will make a few but smaller then this , like captures of parts of a garage .. not sure yet

• 3 weeks later...

:) thnx all :)

well after a break from modelbuilding , yesterday i started with the outside , going to put bricks on the outside like i did on the inside ..

its never going to be real nice on the outside because it was not the plan to build such a detailed diorama ..

but since i'm going to a fair with it in september i have to make the outside at least decent enough .....

will post some pics this week :)

thnx guys and @ tom > :D:P hahahaha

well i did some rough work , the thing is the wood isnt flat everywhere and well ... its a bit like covering up the ugly outside the best i can ...

so i started with the brick stuff on the outside but thats not wide ebough to cover the walls from top to bottom and overlapping did not work ,, so i desided to take some scavengend old window blinds and use those as pannels for the top ..

again just working with what i got and trying to make it look decent enough for the show ....

now the wood isnt straight anough to make real crisp corners .. but i think with some weathering that will turn out good

2013-08-11221914_zpse09cf271.jpg

next dio def will have a real nice in and outside ...

thnx both :) really appriciated B)

wel this winter i def. will start a new garage diorama or maby a machineshop or gasstation .. i think i will do a nothjer garage first , i have learned so much from this one i want to start from scratch on a new one .. maybe highlight a different aspect like a paintbooth ... stuff like that

for now i will try to stuff as much small details in this one before the convention in september ...

I have gone through this entire thread, and you my friend give those of us (especially myself) who haven't had the chance, money or don't think they can build a diorama, the hope that they will be able to do it. Honestly the only reason I haven't even tried yet is because I move so much right now. I think once I have my own house I will be able to build one of these. Good job!!!

thnx guys and @ clay , trust me you can build a whole diorama for like very little money .. in fact i think its doable for the same ammount a decent car kit costs ..

for me the fun is also trying to use all sorts of old stuff ..

sure would i go to the store and buy a whole lot of evergreen styrene it would be easyer to build stuff .. but like you saiy cost is also a factor :)

and for me this was my first real diorama , i have done a 1/18 thing before this but this was the first real dio i did ..so i was not real experienced myself .. hope my next one will be a step up again :)

Edited by crazyrichard

• 4 weeks later...