Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Tuner" Chopper

Ajay

This one's based on the "Torch" kit . As my previous chopper was old school style I thought I'd try something a bit more up to date. I recently built a Vertex Ridge Silvia in Orange with a c/f hood and liked the colour combination so I thought why not a "tuner" chopper ?.

The frame is Peugeot Seville Orange and the tank, tins, belt cover & grips have been treated to some Scale Motorsport twill weave CF decal. The seat was narrowed & covered in Model Factory Hiro self adhesive leather cloth. I had a go at adding the various fuel, oil, brake lines etc which were made from various bits of braided hose etc that I had lying around. The Carb came from Replicas & Minatures and the aircleaner is a machined aluminium one.

CHOPPER20.jpg

CHOPPER23.jpg

CHOPPER24.jpg

CHOPPER25.jpg

CHOPPER26.jpg

Thanks for looking

Haven't seen a lot of "high tech" choppers built from these kits yet, but with a build like that you may set a trend.

Not nit picking, but can carbon fiber really be used to make a gas tank? I'm not really familiar with the limitations of this material, so I'm trying to learn here. Nice bike!

Haven't seen a lot of "high tech" choppers built from these kits yet, but with a build like that you may set a trend.

Not nit picking, but can carbon fiber really be used to make a gas tank? I'm not really familiar with the limitations of this material, so I'm trying to learn here. Nice bike!

Hi Craig

Thanks for the comments.

I must admit the cf tank was something I hadn't considered :oops: .

I've had a quick search and it appears that in the 1:1 world cf tanks do exist - apparently they need to have an epoxy fuel proofer applied to the inside of the tank.

Cheers

Andy

Beautiful work!

These goofy motorcycle kits are inspiring some of the most creative work I have ever seen!

Anybody else think the 2-wheelers are candidates for kit of the year?

Great job Ajay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Agree with Daniel, my friends here at the Island are building more bikes than cars... :shock: