Model Cars Magazine Forum

any michigan model car builders

toby

In lovely Grand Rapids here freezing my tail off, I grew up on a farm not far from here and other than 14 yrs in the Navy have lived in MI my whole life. I'm just getting back into the hobby and looking forward to meeting others in the area.

George, sorry to hear of your lose.

Chris, it was nice to see ya.

Gary, lookin forwrard to seeing you in Feb.

Kris,

Good seeing you again too, It made being the new guy easier knowing someone there.

I'm sure I'll get to know more members as time goes on.

See you guys in Feb

Chris, if THAT'S your pic, I'll find YOU! Just look for the short fat lil mexican guy wearin the black DMCC tee shirt. As fer you, a guy with gogles SHOULDN'T be TOO hard ta find!!!!;):lol: :lol: :D:unsure:;)

LOL, That's the ledgendary Kenneth Howard AKA Von Dutch. And I think he was picking a bug out of his nose after a ride on his bike. I'll have my new name card out on the table, stop by and say hi...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just moved to sterling htgs.im looking 4 model clubs neer me found 1 that had metings in royal oak ???but didnt wright it down now i cant find it??any help?and does any 1 know where the oners of auto know that used to be on van dyke just north of hall rd are now i belive their names were bob & nacy?.thanks mike

just moved to sterling htgs.im looking 4 model clubs neer me found 1 that had metings in royal oak ???but didnt wright it down now i cant find it??any help?and does any 1 know where the oners of auto know that used to be on van dyke just north of hall rd are now i belive their names were bob & nacy?.thanks mike

Check out the IPMS website for local clubs and ask your local hobby shops.

Check out the IPMS website for local clubs and ask your local hobby shops.

the lhs i go 2 carrys alot of models but the workers get into trains & dioramas mostly?but i never asked?they carry every thing even an isle of just toys and counter of jo-han kits not cheep though!thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello folks. Add me to the Michigan list. I'm in Shepherd. I've been away from the hobby for several years but it's nice to see so many familiar "faces" on this forum.

I've got some physical issues that keep me pretty close to home these days, so I don't expect to make it to any of the gatherings the state has to offer. Really miss the Toledo NNL. Maybe next year.

I was looking for a place to give all my old pals a shout out to let them know I was back around the paint fumes again but I didn't see an obvious place to do it. Guess I'll have to go scratchbuild one if that's alright with the boss. :D

Cheers,

Glu

I'm currently living in Florida, but I was born and raised in St. Clair Shores and I'm visiting my folks for Christmas in Sterling Heights. I stopped at Whistle Stop Hobby Shop in the Shores on Tuesday and almost cried because of how well supplied it is. Nothing I've seen (so far) in Florida even compares. Great Lakes Hobby in Sterling Heights is the same way.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...