Model Cars Magazine Forum

Today were getting our first snow of the season. :wacko: Not much for accumulation here, but the winds are 35-45 MPH. Makes it hard to stay on the road with a semi. So am going to get in some bench time today, while waiting for the wind to subside. 400 mile round trip in those winds are no fun.

What's snow?

100 yesterday, 95-99 today.

B)

G

"Latest weather from Doppler MCM,a huge cold front coming down from Canada heading down southwest ward and should hit Las Vegas by noon tomorrow leaving snow accumulations up to at least 14 inches and the possibilities of more snow the next twenty four hours after that,stay tuned for more on this storm front as it develops" :P

"Latest weather from Doppler MCM,a huge cold front coming down from Canada heading down southwest ward and should hit Las Vegas by noon tomorrow leaving snow accumulations up to at least 14 inches and the possibilities of more snow the next twenty four hours after that,stay tuned for more on this storm front as it develops" :P

December of '08, I'm on the nightwatch completely unaware it had snowed 6 inches in my neighborhood while sleeping. I looked out and was instantly greeted by the strange sight of heavy wet snow on palm trees. Hmmmm, thought I moved here to escape all that. Anyway it was the worst snow in Vegas since 1975, and nearly shut the town down for 24 hours.

G

It's 80 here today. But that could change really fast... around here it always does. But even with the crazy midwest weather, snow here in October is pretty much unheard of. Snow in November is even pretty rare. It's not unusual for us to get 60s and 70s well into late October/early November.

When when it finally does get cold... look out! :lol:

Snow sounds great...

Agreed...I just got new tires, so let it snow. The Upper Midwest is supposed to get a colder than average winter this season, so hopefully that translates into lots of snow, too. :)

High of 49* here on Saturday, too. :wub:

Well, you can just keep all the snow for yourself. I mean it, not a greedy bone in my body. I've seen my share of snow and then some and I just feel it's high time someone else enjoy it. While you're at it you can feel free to share it with the smart alec's in Vegas and Arizona too. :lol: :lol:

I was actually outside power washing the siding on my house shirtless and in shorts soaked to the gills loving every minute of it. Now tonight its down to about 50ish. Love this type of weather. Id rather be in a windbreaker and running pants, that way I can just throw up my hoody, and paint. Ha ha. Dr. Cranky wouldnt have liked seeing me paint the other day as I was in shorts :wacko: Have since taken a different view on saftey after watching a few videos. Respirator is the next purchase. Snow well when I get some, Dr Cranky can get ready to accept a tractor trailer (reefer even :D) full of snow sent COD cause I'm having a tractor trailer load sent down to em ha ha.

I live in whats called the Ohio snow belt (over 200" of snow a few years ago. sure, i can handle winter and snow..... but why? i would rather handle how i am going to stay cool year round. sorry, but there is not one thing FUN about winter.....

chopping and stackiing wood

getting winter clothes out

preparing cars

driving in the winter (yea, sometimes that can be fun!)

brushing the car off every morning

wanting to go in when the dog want to stay out

snow blowing, shoveling

all the girls cover up

winters a PAIN!!!!

Edited by tubbs

i hate guys like you!! hehe, just joking...... but i am REALLY jelious!!!!!!

I paid my dues. Typical midwestern St Louis winter was a month of cold and wet, then cold and dry, then ice with snow over that.

We said there were four seasons to the city, nearly winter, winter, still winter, road construction.

G