Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finally got this one done! 1959 Buick.........Updated Pics!

MrObsessive

Finally after being so rudely interrupted by having to move :x..............I finally got this one finished! There are a few small details I need to add yet such as the BMF for the door handles and emblems. I also may add an antennae but I'm wore out from this one for now and want to start something new! :D

Here we go......

Pa280732-vi.jpg

Pa280733-vi.jpg

Pa280734-vi.jpg

The front end seems to sit just a weeeee bit too high, but then the resin on the chassis was very thick.................I may take the chassis back off and then trim the front of it down to get the chassis to sit just a scooch lower.

Pa280735-vi.jpg

Pa280737-vi.jpg

Pa280738-vi.jpg

Say CHEEEEEEESE!!! :)

Pa280740-vi.jpg

Ready for Take Off!! 1959 style!

I learned a few things from this model...............always have an adjustable temp dehydrator for drying the paint! I originally used a dehydrator that wasn't temp adjustable..........and the body suffered some slight warpage which I was able to fix.

Nevertheless, I still had some fit problems in the end with the chassis and front bumper. I have since bought a new dehydrator that has a temp control.....and I found that 105° is suitable for resin in a dehydrator.

I'm gonna keep my next build somewhat of a mystery 8).........let's just say that it'll be something a lot more modern and it's one of the hottest cars selling today.......;):lol:

Thanks for lookin'!

• Like 1

That turned out beautiful Bill! Are you gonna bring it to the CPMCC meeting next week?

I don't think I'll be able to make the meeting Andy..............I have to get back to Connecticut to pick up my models that were at the "Built to Scale" display at the Stamford Museum that ends today.

I ended up missing the display altogether because of having to find a new place. :D Unfortunately, it may be years before they do the show again.

Like always, nice man. I tried e-mailing you to see where you were hiding! Good to see you are still hanging in there. E-mail me when you find some time and tell me how is everything specially with the move. Hope to see you soon at the meetings....... :wink: By the way, Miguel Barbosa is sending us some stuff from Puerto Rico, I still don't know what it is so try to contact me ok! Take care :?

I spent some time taking the chassis off and grinding down the thick resin................Here's a before and after pic of the car since I did the work...........

Before....

Pa280734-vi.jpg

After......

Pb010748-vi.jpg

Pb010750-vi.jpg

Ahhhhhh! That looks better!

I wish I could do something more about that ill fitting front bumper, but oh well............this model's not going to set the contest tables on fire.....just sit nice and pretty in its case. :)

Now I can relax................but then there's that next project I'm working on! :lol: :wink:

• Like 1

You just couldn't leave it alone HA! Pretty soon you will be putting an engine in there! OOPS! Did I say the engine word? You didn't hear that man....... :roll: Hey by the way the roof line is wrong on that car :shock: :)

Thanks for all the compliments guys! :lol:

Dave:

I was originally gonna go to Connecticut to pick up the models at the musuem.........but the car has to go to the dealer tomorrow due to a cold starting problem. I want to make sure the car is fixed correctly before I take any long trips. I don't want to be so far away and the car doesn't want to start for some reason.

I should be there Saturday, since York is only a Hop, Skip and a Jump from me now! :lol:

I think the starter switch is the problem, as I've found out that other Saturn owners have had the same problem. It only does it when the temps get in the 30's or below.........when the temps warm up, there's no problem like nothing ever happened. :? Go figure........

I have the TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) that GM put out about the problem so they can't pull a flim-flam! :lol:

• 15 years later...
3 hours ago, Smitty said:

Man it really pays to go back and check out the older posts! Y

Ditto! It's like finding hidden treasure, is it not? I missed this one first time around, too, I guess. Beautiful model, beautiful car! I've got an old buildup of a convertible somewhere in the stash I need to bring closer to the bench.

• Like 1