Model Cars Magazine Forum

Maisto or Revell Humvee?

I'd like to get a 1/24 or 1/25 scale military Humvee for my collection. It seems the only options in these scales are the Revell Snap kit or the Maisto Diecast. I figure I could paint and weather either to make it look a bit better.

Do any of you guys have either of these? I'm not sure which could be made to look better.

Dave, here's a thread that shows both the diecast AND a Revell styrene snapper (keep in mind though that his Revell is HIGHLY modified/detailed), but they are pretty decent as boxed.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=66009&#entry809386

Kinda depends on which material you'd rather work with. I've got the old Jurassic Park H1 snap kit and it's pretty nice.

Dave, here's a thread that shows both the diecast AND a Revell styrene snapper (keep in mind though that his Revell is HIGHLY modified/detailed), but they are pretty decent as boxed.

http://www.modelcars...09

Kinda depends on which material you'd rather work with. I've got the old Jurassic Park H1 snap kit and it's pretty nice.

Jeff, Thanks for the plug :D !

Dave,

The Revell/Monogram plastic kits are readily available, and inexpensive. The Johnny Lightning diecast pictured above is very hard to find(at least for me). The R/M kits are a good basis for a 1/25 scale Hummer, but do require quite a bit of attention and detailing to really make them POP! The JL diecast are very well detailed. The Jurassic Park version pictured above comes painted as shown. To further confuse you, this is what can be done with a little patience, a jewelers saw and some Dymo label tape:

picsay-1352856563.jpg

I have not seen the Miasto military versions that are currently offered in person. They do seem to sit a little low to my eye. Miasto used to offer a nice Hummer H1 four door wagon, but it was more like 1/30 scale. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies guys.

The odd thing is, the Miasto is cheaper. I may need to just get both. Maybe do one in the european green/brown camo and the other in the sand camo. Maybe I can modify one into a pickup or something.

I'd like to get a 1/24 or 1/25 scale military Humvee for my collection. It seems the only options in these scales are the Revell Snap kit or the Maisto Diecast. I figure I could paint and weather either to make it look a bit better.

Do any of you guys have either of these? I'm not sure which could be made to look better.

I think most of the Humvee is scaled 1/24 MotorMax