Model Cars Magazine Forum

New resin

I Received a resin Teardrop trailer from a resin caster Who uses the handle RESINBLOB on ebay the trailer was cleanly cast with very few pinholes/voids on the underside of the peice It is very good quality some of the best I have seen if you are looking for something like this or one of the hundred or so peices Glenn make's

thanks

Gabriel

• 14 years later...

Do you realize that you asked your question 14 years after the previous post?!?!?  They are likely long out of business.  Most small cottage industries dont' stay around very long.  And even the member who posted this thread has not visited the forum for over 2 years.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

George,

What did I do wrong?  I simply informed Ted that for the reasons I mentioned I was actually cutting Ted "some slack" by informing him that either getting a response from the member who posted the info, or the manufacturer still being around are pretty remote.  Ted's level of knowledge or where he resides is irrelevant to the info I posted.  I actually went and checked my80malibu's profile to see they they have not visited here for over 2 years, so the chance of them even noticing Ted's question are slim to none.

There was nothing derogatory, demeaning, or inflammatory in my post. Just gave my opinion based on the info available.  Which line prey tell did I cross George?  Anyway, I apologize for something I'm not even sure about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peteski said:

George,

What did I do wrong?  I simply informed Ted that for the reasons I mentioned I was actually cutting Ted "some slack" by informing him that either getting a response from the member who posted the info, or the manufacturer still being around are pretty remote.  Ted's level of knowledge or where he resides is irrelevant to the info I posted.  I actually went and checked my80malibu's profile to see they they have not visited here for over 2 years, so the chance of them even noticing Ted's question are slim to none.

There was nothing derogatory, demeaning, or inflammatory in my post. Just gave my opinion based on the info available.  Which line prey tell did I cross George?  Anyway, I apologize for something I'm not even sure about.

Man it's just the way you say things sometimes I mean everything you said was factual!?!?!? Making the 14 years in bold It's just the way you said it came off kind of snarky I didn't say anything about it but that's how I saw it too to let you know that I agree it did seem off kind of harsh in fact I almost posted Don't have to be so harsh they're nicer ways to go about saying hey this is probably non-existent anymore.

Sorry, I did not intend for my post to be the way you described.  I was really surprised with the 14 year old post being brought back, so I showed that in bold. Then I went on and looked up my80malibu profile and posted that he has been away for a long time too. No disrespect meant to anybody. I guess my brain works differently than some of you guys. 

• Like 1

Probably better to know audience first, then decide. You’re not only one that does this, so not personal. A few did it recently in another thread we were in, and everyone stepped in it. I felt bad for a guy who dug out a caliper and tires for a poster, and got hammered by people. Kinda annoyed me, so I posted the book he wrote about the topic he was roasted on. Just sayin’

Well as I see it, he was called out because his excuse was "I’m new to all this muscle car stuff!", yet as you pointed out that he actually wrote a book about muscle car models.  Seems like a bad excuse to me, and you posting that info about his book made him look even worse. At least that was how I interpreted things (which seems opposite from your goal).
  This is a common problem when communicating in messages posted online.  Lots of important cues of a face-to-face conversations are not there to better interpret what someone is really trying to say.

Edited by peteski

That was typed cynically I’d guess.
So, gee, everyone knows more than me, shucks. I’d be more blunt.
Go pound sand. Measure your own tires. 

I’m not speaking for George. But I’ve seen too many great contributors here get shouted down by guys that know little but tell everyone. 

He pulled tire out and measured it for OP. 
Others wanted more, complained there were 2 sizes in pack, whatever. 
Thanks never in play. 

You think a guy that’d measure with a caliper is naive, unhelpful? That’d be idiotic. 

No could you please measure others? Nope. 

Like this thread, you were rude and are now trying to blame George and me for other thread. Our fault for missing nuance. This poster’s fault reviving an old thread. 

TL: DR Own your actions and try to listen rather than waiting for your turn to talk. 

1 hour ago, keyser said:

Like this thread, you were rude and are now trying to blame George and me for other thread. Our fault for missing nuance. This poster’s fault reviving an old thread. 

No point of dragging this out.

Edited by peteski

OK. Since I'm the one who posted looking for a link, here's the deal. I had a guy tell me just last week that a guy going by the name of RESINBLOB sells on Ebay, and used to make a body, that I'd be interested in, so in doing a search for RESINBLOB on Ebay I couldn't find him so I did a Google search and it lead me to this thread, I wasn't really concerned with how old the post was, just a shot in the dark to find that Ebay seller.  I didn't even see any of these replies until George told me about it. So now that I started an argument lets just let it rest. 

2 hours ago, Tedly said:

OK. Since I'm the one who posted looking for a link, here's the deal. I had a guy tell me just last week that a guy going by the name of RESINBLOB sells on Ebay, and used to make a body, that I'd be interested in, so in doing a search for RESINBLOB on Ebay I couldn't find him so I did a Google search and it lead me to this thread, I wasn't really concerned with how old the post was, just a shot in the dark to find that Ebay seller.  I didn't even see any of these replies until George told me about it. So now that I started an argument lets just let it rest. 

There is a pinned thread in this section with a list of aftermarket suppliers. have you looked there to see if the one you're looking for is listed?

10 hours ago, Tedly said:

What Body are you looking for maybe I can help you out

13 hours ago, Texas_3D_Customs said:

I can't find a model for that generation only 77 but I can keep looking the problem is is having a full body design is very expensive and I don't have time to design a full car

Don't worry about it, not that important just one of many ideas in my head to build a drag car out of. Thanks anyway though.