Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dale Sir '88 Monte

JustBill

Thanks for the comments guys!

Tommy: I use these ties for the build...

DSC02758-vi.jpg

Just use them like you normally would except once you get it through the hole bend it. Snip off the excess and paint black. I put a ball of paint on a fine brush to fill the hole in to make solid. The gentlemen, Terry, than runs MAS is in the process of moving from what I understand and his web site is down. You can still contact him through phone or email and I believe he is still filling orders and shipping. If some can confirm this that would be great! Also too Model Car Garage carries zip ties as well. I've never used them but they look about the same and you will prolly get the same results. http://www.modelcargarage.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=296&idcategory=15#details

I found that during the build you can burn through them pretty quickly so on parts of the build that are not seen all that well I used regular wire of the same size. I started with two packs of the zip ties and the pic you see here is what's left.

Here is a pic of where I used regular wire along the driver cage under the window net as opposed to the zip ties.

DSC02723-vi.jpg

Thanks again guys!

My plan is to build a car of Dale Sir from every year he raced. This is just the first one so I have a long way to go and a lot of searching and purchasing ahead of me. As well as focusing in on my skills to build cleaner and more detailed along the way. I started this build a couple years ago and put it down then picked it back up just recently to finish. So my skills were not so good when started and have improved as time went on. So while there is a lot on this build I'm not so proud of there are other things that came out pretty nice. Looking at this car enables me to do better with the next one and not make the same mistakes. I have another build that falls under this category as well that I've just picked back up to finish. Once I get it done I can focus on starting a fresh one with a better understanding of building a clean model starting with the basics, which these two builds are lacking.

• 4 weeks later...