Model Cars Magazine Forum

65 Corvette in Glen Green

Porscheman

When I was in NW of Chicago in January, I stop by a hobby shop I went to as a kid. They had this for $60.00 plus shipping to my home NJ. When it came I just knew It had to be Glen Green. So I had a friend mine at a local bodyshop mix the paint and then had a local company put the paint in spray cans. Since the body was red, I sprayed 5 coats of Dupli-color sealer-primer, 6 coats of Glen Green and 3 cans of Testors Wet Look cear. Next I used my polishing cloths, 1800 to 12,000 and polished it with Maguires New Car Glaze #5 to a mirror finish. The interior is done in saddle tan from Tamiya. The chassis was very warpped on the right front side, so I cut a V in each side of the chassis so the it would flex. This worked very well, I'll use some sheet plastic to strengthen it when I get the proper stance.

This a work in progress. Let me know how it looks so far of any comment, good or bad.

Al

Edited by Porscheman

The chassis was very warpped on the right front side, so I cut a V in each side of the chassis so the it would flex. This worked very well, I'll use some sheet plastic to strengthen it when I get the proper stance.

Holy cow, that's brilliant.

i've got one of these too..

it's molded in red ,full of flash and mold lines..

it's gonna be a lot of work to get right..especially in 1/8 scale everything shows one way or another, it's also almost the same in detail as the average 1/24-5...(then again this stuf is old)

but i like the colours on yours.. a fresh breath from ever black or red...

i'm curious about the finished thing...(could use some inspiration on mine)

• 4 weeks later...

Love the color!!! I have this kit and the body need alot of work. You had to spend some time blocking this body out. Yours looks very straight and beautiful. Is your interior a little narrow for the body? Mine is, so it might need alittle evergreen to do the the job. I will be watching and learning!