Model Cars Magazine Forum

Buick Riviera

Harold

Here's one I finished up (finally). Its the Jimmy Flintstone/Testors Tailspin. Since its a slammer, you'd think it wouldn't take me that long. Ha, you apparently don't know my build speed is measured in geologic time...This was an interesting little kit. The casting was realy good save for one issue I'll touch on in a moment. After wiping the body down with Gunk Bug and Tar Remover, I filled the few pinholes in the rockers with bondo. The color is Dupli- Color Ford Electric Currant Red. After several coats, the body was masked off save for the window areas and those were painted with Dupli- Color Universal Black, and then the car recieved several coats of Dupli- Color High- Gloss Clear. After a vigorous workout with my polishing cloths and some Black Magic wax, I foiled the window trim. Thats when I realized that the surface development for the drip rails was not the greatest. Workable, but not great. I had more fits foiling those areas than I've had in a long time. The headlight lenses are two sets of the custom lights from the Revell '90 Cougar, and the taillight lenses began life as the clear custom grille found in the AMT '64 Mercury, which I painted with Tamiya Clear Red. I wasn't thrilled with the way the grille turned out- eleven PE pieces with which I managed to achieve the 'installed by a drunken monkey' look. I'll have to redo that mess, but for now, on to my next project (think 'lets get small').IMG_2922-1.jpg

IMG_2916-1.jpg

IMG_2915-1.jpg

Edited by Harold

Hey, whatever happened to the Packard in your sig line? Still in the works?

Yes it is. I just had to set it aside for a moment to avoid total burnout. Now that my 1/25 scale body shop is up and running again, I can get more work done on it.