Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda, all aluminum hemi

vintagedragfan

hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates, I am kinda at a stand still at the moment, trying to figure out exactly what I am going to do with the chassis, this is allot tougher than I expected, the biggest issue is I'm not quite sure what size front tires I am going to use, I have mocked the body and engine and frame rails up where want them and there is not alot of room for the wheels to turn if I go with a wide tire, Hemi's are very wide to begin with and add the headers to the side like I have and it gets really tight, I all so can't decide if I want A arms or struts on the front, Bart I plan on cutting the doors and deck open and I have actually thought I would try and see about making them from aluminum, this has been a tough build all ready for me from the start, I hate to make it even tougher! lol we will see how it goes! thanks for the interest every one, hope fully have something to post soon

Front Runners or somekind of other really narrow front tires would fit into this build. And Flip Nose would really make justice for that engine, since it could be seen bit better then. I mean that flip nose, which could also be taken off, but it would still be functional. Hard to explain, but I hope you got it.

Looking forward for more.

• 2 weeks later...

well I have made a little progress finally, I made a set of rims for the tires I had, I really wasn't that happy with them, I scored some Mickey Thompson Sportsman's from a friend :D and of coarse the rims I had made for the tires I have are too narrow for M/T's, so I have to make another set to fit these, IMG_1316-vi.jpg I wanted a 5 spoke wheel of some sort, and after a lot of studying here is what I managed to come up with, I think they are gonna be ok, I kinda like emIMG_1314-vi.jpgIMG_1313-vi.jpg I had to stuff em under the cuda to see how they lookIMG_1319-vi.jpgIMG_1320-vi.jpgthanks for looking!!

I wanted a 5 spoke wheel of some sort, and after a lot of studying here is what I managed to come up with, I think they are gonna be ok, I kinda like em

I am not sure if you are trying to be funny or just plain cruel. :lol:

satisfactory, Bill. Please proceed

kidding aside, Bill, the wheels look great. I recall discussing wheel designs with yousome weeks ago and these far exceed what I had expected you to come up with. They have a unique look, one that I'll wager to bet required an extremely tight tolerance to avoid life in your scrap barrel.

Very impressive [again :o ]

satisfactory, Bill. Please proceed

kidding aside, Bill, the wheels look great. I recall discussing wheel designs with yousome weeks ago and these far exceed what I had expected you to come up with. They have a unique look, one that I'll wager to bet required an extremely tight tolerance to avoid life in your scrap barrel.

Very impressive [again :o ]

Hey buddy, yea when we were discussing this , i had no idea how I was going to come up with some thing even close to what I wanted, they are not exactly what I wanted but I do like them, this is more or less a prototype to see what would work or not, there are a lot of cuts on these trying to achieve the desired look, I think I can make another set with a lot less work! I think they are going to be worth the time and effort that I have in them, the new M/T's are exactly what should be under it! man they are fat!! :D I love the looks of all that meat stuffed under a car! as all ways, really appreciate your in put, your opinion is valued my friend

I concur, those are fantastic looking wheels, nice design and great craftsmanship.

Those wheels are awesome Bill. I'd love to have a set or two of them.

Mike,thank you!

hey Jon, I do have some friends who do resin casting, Im sure they would help me out if I asked, the thing is , they would only fit the super wide tires! thanks man