Model Cars Magazine Forum

VIPER MX7! Viper-X-Wing Jet Racer... Finished!

• 2 weeks later...

Can't help but imagine what it would feel like to fly that bad boy!!!!!

It would be a Fast Ride for Sure!

I am in the process of starting the 3rd Paint Job on the Viper. Photos coming soon... B)

Are you having paint problems?

Yes!

I tried a Flame design but the decals fell apart. Then I tried Red Stripes on White, it looked funny. So I removed all of the decals and sanded down the body and applied another coat of primer. I plan on painting the Viper with Tamiya Camel Yellow later today... B)

PRIME TIME, AGAIN!

I tried 3 different paint jobs on the Viper and wasn't happy with any of them. So I striped off the decals , sanded it down and applied another coat of Filler/ Primer.

DSCN0565V_zps7ebed102.jpg

Next I sprayed the Engine area with Model Masters Magnesium.

DSCN0568V_zpsece4b4ec.jpg

More Coming... B)

Flames!

I found these Great Flame Decals on Ebay. I think they might look good on the Viper...

DSCN0907V_zpsba328a3e.jpg

I applied the Hood Flame Decals around the Nose. The Hood decals were a little short so I cut an extra Flame from each Side Flame Decal and added them to the bottom of the Nose Decal.

DSCN0915V_zps200c4d34.jpg

I cut and fit the Side Flame Decals to fit the Wings.

DSCN0917V_zps32a8dad9.jpg

More Coming... B)

Edited by Ira

Hi Ira,

This is looking great Sir, it could be a Viper after the Colonial wars has finished, it was then sent to the vast Space Junk Yard where some young hot shot found it, he tweaked everything to it's peak output and turned into a Space Rod (space version of a Hot-Rod), ready tor the National Space Rod Associations season to start... B)

Andy...

Decal Deal!

I bought a bunch of old Nascar Decals. After looking through them I decided that these two had what I wanted for the Viper.

DSCN0910V_zps56998b67.jpg

Here are the decals that I picked for the Viper.

DSCN0922V_zps6ec61a00.jpg

More Coming... B)

Hi Ira,

This is looking great Sir, it could be a Viper after the Colonial wars has finished, it was then sent to the vast Space Junk Yard where some young hot shot found it, he tweaked everything to it's peak output and turned into a Space Rod (space version of a Hot-Rod), ready tor the National Space Rod Associations season to start... B)

Andy...

Thanks Andy!

Great Idea... B)

Blending...

I'm using some Yellow Vallejo Paint to cover the edge of the Decal so it blends in better. This first coat was applied unevenly to help cover the Decal edge.

DSCN0949V_zps620621ec.jpg

The second coat was applied evenly and it dried nice and level. I matched the Yellow Color to the Decal rather than the Body Color. I will spray a few coats of clear over the area later.

DSCN095V_zpsf4e9c048.jpg

More Coming... B)

The Wet Look!

After touching up the Camel Yellow Paint I masked off the engines again. Then I appled a couple coats of Testors Wet Look Gloss Clear.

DSCN0969V_zps518451f7.jpg

Here it is after the clear dried.

DSCN0980V_zps2d853d73.jpg

More Coming... B)