Model Cars Magazine Forum

Doggone it , Stacy David !

Well if we ever meet Donn at first it will be Mr. Was raised that way by a military father and a wannabe english teacher mother. so please, thankyou and all the pleasantries that most of todays generation has no clue of. And cd's at best buy can't pass those up either between me and the wife we have over 1500 cds. Plus she helps with the stash also but there is a super secret stash goin also she knows nothing about so . Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Just read through this post and I had to comment. I have been out of the model scene for about 25+ years , I was watching Gearz and saw the episode about the contest and thought hum I have some old models I have not touched in forever. Then I read the contest rules and well decided to go buy one and enter. So now I have been bitten by the model bug and it is taking over my life. I have been buying models up so fast and just want to build build and build. My wife asked when I would slow down, I told her at this point I think I need counseling. ( Ha Ha) This contest has put me back in the game !!

It is a great feeling when the significant other pitches in and helps ! It took a long time to get used to the fact that Kathie could and would lend a hand with whatever I was working on . In years past , I did it all by myself !

By the way , the truck is in base coat , the bottom is in pearl , and I will probably have all of it pearled on Thursday morning . Leaving for the NNL East on Friday morning , so it'll have a few days to flash out .

Dunno if I'll make the deadline , don't say anything , but I think she forgot about the contest deadline ......... Lol !

Donn is lucky in that Kathie is supportive and involved in his hobby and that makes a difference. My wife is supportive of the hobby from the standpoint that she knows where I am and it is something that brings a smile to my face when I am at the bench. She would like to see less unopened kits but as long as I am not spending the life savings, she figures it is cheaper than many other hobbies I could have!

If you get the chance to meet Donn and Kathie at a show, you will see why he is smiling! They are both great ambassadors to the hobby and nice people to talk with.