Model Cars Magazine Forum

how to make an engine dolly

i was very bored one day and i had built a motor and wanted to build an engine dolly i had very limited supplies so bare with me

the base of the stand

DSCF4430.jpg

then the poles or whatever you call them

DSCF4432.jpg

in the rough

DSCF4431.jpg

then some reinforcing

DSCF4433.jpg

DSCF4434.jpg

and i need an idea for wheel any help!!

You would have a much more realistic stand if you used either round or square styrene rod to build the stand and paid more attention to clean joints... not just slapping it together. Just my 2¢...

;);) Harry, I love how "brutally honest" you can be sometimes!!! :blink::blink:

;) ;) Harry, I love how "brutally honest" you can be sometimes!!! :blink: :blink:

I don't mean to slam the guy, just to point out the fact that he could get a much better result if he was a little more careful. Sorry I didn't "PC" my comment enough. Yeah, I could have been "nicer," I guess. But I still stand by what I said.

And if we were all being honest, I think there are plenty of others who would agree with what I said, but don't want to "offend" anyone, so they don't say anything. In my opinion, if you post your work publicly, there is an implicit understanding that we can comment on what we see.

I know some people here will always say "looks good" or "great job" or whatever, but I don't think handing out false praise does people any good. Yeah, maybe he reads my comment and thinks I'm a jerk... but maybe he thinks I'm a jerk but also does a better job next time. In my opinion that's worth more to him in the long run than a bunch of "nice work, dude" type posts.

know some people here will always say "looks good" or "great job" or whatever, but I don't think handing out false praise does people any good. Yeah, maybe he reads my comment and thinks I'm a jerk... but maybe he thinks I'm a jerk but also does a better job next time. In my opinion that's worth more to him in the long run than a bunch of "nice work, dude" type posts.

Well said Harry and thanks for speaking the truth. For some reason, a few members here have trouble reading and understanding constructive criticism, but no trouble jumping off the handle with a knee jerk reaction. If we would all read, and re-read sometimes, we would see that the advice given is sometimes the best advice.

David

Guest promodmerc

Well said Harry and thanks for speaking the truth. For some reason, a few members here have trouble reading and understanding constructive criticism, but no trouble jumping off the handle with a knee jerk reaction. If we would all read, and re-read sometimes, we would see that the advice given is sometimes the best advice.

David

Constructive criticism would be something like this.

Hey not bad. Next time try some square styrene rod and it will look much more realistic

You would have a much more realistic stand if you used either round or square styrene rod to build the stand and paid more attention to clean joints... not just slapping it together. Just my 2¢...

That is right down being a d**k about it.

David

Ditto. I barely look at Under Glass and WIP for that very reason. We need to start a Hall of Fame for Touchy Douchebags like hryh8r!