Model Cars Magazine Forum

1) 70 Monte Carlo SS454 is my all time fav. White w/ black vinyl top and rallies

2) 69 Mach 1 Mustang 428 4 spd. A buddy I used to work with had one and could make it do donuts in 3rd gear on dry pavement @60 mph! Had to check my shorts after that one!

3) 68 Mercury Cylone GT 390 4spd. Heavy SOB but cruised nicely at 110 mph. Had one when I got out of HS

4) 67 Chevelle SS396 4spd. My Dad made me sell this cuz I got too many speeding tkts and lost my DL for 6 mos. Never got beat though!

5) 87 Monte Carlo SS black w/t tops. Got one after my 1st divorce. Had it til I got remarried and had to trade it for a more practical D150 Van. Sure hated to do that but the Monte wasn't much for haulin lumber, just ass!

Daily Driver these days is a 2000 Ford E150 van for haulin and a 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee for SWMBO's grocery getter

OK I'll play.......current ride 2000 VW New Beetle 1.8 T

1. 1932 Ford roadster (traditional style)(Black-what else ?)

2. 2013 Cadillac CTS-V wagon (Hennessey VR-1000)

3. 1981 Lancia Abarth 037 Rally

4. 1962 Chevrolet Corvette roadster w/hardtop and F.I (Black/black/black)

5. 2013 Chevrolet Silvarado crewcab dually.

ok here we go

1, my 1974 Nova have had it since i was 13 (now 44)

2, the Interceptor from Mad Max Auusie muscle is so sweet And this car just exudes BAD AZZ to the core

plus it is a cop car

3,1971 chevelle ,actually my dad's car will bewith me someday since it is my blood sweat and tears into it .

4 1984 El camino totally modified to chase all you guys with exotics maybe have it done by Hennesy down in Texas

5 this one is hard we will need something to drive daily so an 02 to 09 Crown vic police interceptor or a 2013 ZL1 Camaro

and besides we didn't say what the better half's got to drive . Mine has an 00 GMC ext cab 4x4 so the towiing is taken care of

and a 67 malibu that belonged to her Dad.

My daily is a 1988 Monte Carlo LS w350 Torque Thrust wheels and Flowmaster exhaust. along with the Nova and also the El Camino in the garage (minus drivetrain and front sheetmetal.)

Michael

This Duster below is a friend of mines, I highlighted the options it has that are on your list. It's mostly Original, it was bought and used as a drag car from day 1, Andy is the 3rd owner. and Yes he's currently doing the body.

T2eC16dHJIE9qSO9BWBQZMo0Q10Q48_20.jpg

T2eC16hHJGkE9no8jD2fBQZMkWemw48_20.jpg

T2eC16VHJHgE9n0yFjbvBQZMlNecmg48_20.jpg

T2eC16hHJIQE9qUHu0jLBQZMmozeQg48_20.jpg

T2eC16dHJGwE9nyUsnQBQYlCK643Q48_20.jpg

KGrHqFicFNqJ9JJZBQZMlnJ4yg48_20.jpg

I apologize for the pictures, I was in a rush, we were taking the Duster out to play.

Nick

Cool ! Thanks for sharing your story and the accompanying photos !

LOVE that base interior ; those plaid inserts are too cool .

Its drag-car-since-day-one history undoubtably saved its carcass from the oxidation monster known as Road Salt !

Just out of curiosity ; what's up with that radiator ? Not knocking it , I just thought your friend was going for a restoration :)

1 '13 F350 Crew Cab 4X4 King Ranch

2 '69 Jeep Cammando with a full top

3 '67 Mustang GT fastback with a 390 and 4 speed

4 '66 Chevy Caprice (first car)

5 '66 Ford F100

What I own

1 '78 F100 2wd (old restoration)

2 '95 F150 4wd (daily driver)

3 '98 F150 2wd (bought to re sell)

4 '86 Bronco (beater toy with 38" mudders)

5 '99 Mustang GT convertible (32,000 miles)

6 '13 Edge Limited (wife's driver)

1:1 cars I'd like to have...no order

41 Willys- street legal, gasser style

New Challenger

New Camaro-SS

Viper GTS Coupe- blue with white stripes

A new Ford or Chevy pickup

My current vehicles:

1985 Chevy pickup-mine

2002 Subaru Forrester-wifes

2005 Buick Le Sabre-wifes

My 5 :

1)An Airflow- Chrysler,DeSoto,or Imperial-doesn't matter.I just want one.

2)1941 Packard 160 Sport Brougham

3)1992-94 Mercedes 500E

4) 2005(?) Ford GT

5)1971Firebird Formula 455 H.O.,4 speed. I had one back in the 70s.I want one again.

My current driver? It's a 2008 HHR 2LT.-2.4 engine,5 speed manual trans.One of 250 made like that in that year.Who says new cars aren't uncommon?

This topic is something I kinda live in real 1-1. I have always looked at cars from a tool perspective. Thus, I already have a goofly portion of the five I'd need to make this list. They are, in no particular order:

Dodge Ram 2500 pick up. I've got to have some thing for around the home / yard projects that require the moving of large and or dirty items.

Dodge Grand Caravan. Perfect for family vacations.

Porsche 944. Got to have a sports car! This one is one of the best handling cars ever made, looks great, is built like a tank, and gives good mileage when traveling the interstate.

Now for the ones I don't have to complete the list of five.

Volkswagen R32. The perfect golf. All wheel drive and an amazing V6. Perfect for the Dan Ryan in Chicago in any weather!!

Last but certainly not least..... the wife should have a daily driver that is fun. For her, my choice is a Mini Cooper S.

Yeah, I could live with these for the rest of my life.

This topic is something I kinda live in real 1-1. I have always looked at cars from a tool perspective. Thus, I already have a goofly portion of the five I'd need to make this list. They are, in no particular order:

Dodge Ram 2500 pick up. I've got to have some thing for around the home / yard projects that require the moving of large and or dirty items.

Dodge Grand Caravan. Perfect for family vacations.

Porsche 944. Got to have a sports car! This one is one of the best handling cars ever made, looks great, is built like a tank, and gives good mileage when traveling the interstate.

Now for the ones I don't have to complete the list of five.

Volkswagen R32. The perfect golf. All wheel drive and an amazing V6. Perfect for the Dan Ryan in Chicago in any weather!!

Last but certainly not least..... the wife should have a daily driver that is fun. For her, my choice is a Mini Cooper S.

Yeah, I could live with these for the rest of my life.

I really like your list the best for practical purposes. I really think kind of like you, here are our tools; 1. 2000 Beetle for me ( I'm retired so it will last a long time), 2. 1970 Beetle for me to have a project, 3. 2010 Toyota Prius for her daily commute ( it makes her happy), 4. 1980 MGB so she has a toy, 5. 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan R/T (The Man Van) for family trips. I do miss having a pickup but, it probably gets me out of a lot of work not having one. I could live with this list, oh yeah I already am. Edited by rmvw guy

Cool ! Thanks for sharing your story and the accompanying photos !

LOVE that base interior ; those plaid inserts are too cool .

Its drag-car-since-day-one history undoubtably saved its carcass from the oxidation monster known as Road Salt !

Just out of curiosity ; what's up with that radiator ? Not knocking it , I just thought your friend was going for a restoration :)

John, the rad was a necessity, the old 26 inch 3 core was good but after a while Andy was having issues with overheating on hot days, the aluminum rad was only $50 more than a aftermarket factory style rad but runs the Duster much cooler.

Nick

Just 5.........hmmmm?????

1. 2013 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Crew cab short box (daily driver for me)

2. 2013 Dodge Journey for the wife (although she really does like the Jeep Commander-discontinued unfortunately)

3. 1968 Dodge Coronet R/T clone (built the way I want with a nice 472 crate HEMI)

4. 1933 Dodge Coupe (nice lil' street rod with a 6.1 or 6.4 HEMI...in Panther Pink just to be different)

5. A new Dodge Dart for my daughter (she is only 14 right now...so I have time to collect some pop bottles!! LOL)

Edited by dieseldog1970

I'll play along!

1. 1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. Loaded, 403/727, low mileage, Dk. blue Metallic, wood trim package.

Daily Driver, Great winter driver.

2. 1945 Jeep CJ2. Flat fender, bone stock.

Off-Road, vintage military-collector, show toy.

3. 1966 Ford F-100 Longbed. 428, 5-speed. White over Red.

Light duty hauling, weekend playtoy.

4. 1963 Shelby Cobra, 289 4-sp.

Lots of fun!

5. 1957 Mercury Turnpike Cruiser Wagon, Stock.

Vacation Wagon.

ok, my turn.....

1 - 69 road runner pro streeter

2 - 69 1/2 road runner 440+6

3 - 69 ZL/1 vette

4 - 66 fairlane R code 427

5 - 55 chevy blown pro streeter

...... and the simple reason for these, cause the genie said i can have 5 cars.

current cars....

04 taurus

06 explorer

69 road runner pro streeter

Cars I'd want to own for this exercise:

1. A '32 Ford roadster pickup. Traditional style rod (I don't dare say rat rod here) with interesting 50s V8, maybe a nail head.

2. 1953 Ford pickup

3. New Mini Convertible for me - yellow, 6 speed

4. New Dodge Grand Caravan in that metallic orange color for family transport

5. New Dodge Dart for the wife

Cars I currently own:

1. 1996 Dodge Caravan Mark III High top

2. 1991 Geo Tracker LSI Convertible w/ 5 speed and a/c

3. 2000 Jaguar S Type, red with 29,000 miles

4. 1995 Celica Convertible

Heck, I actually like my cars, so I wouldn't mind keeping the Jag and upgrading the rest with better cars or having them restored.

• 1 month later...

1. Chevrolet chevelle SS 1970 Baldwin Motion

2. Chevrolet Nomad 1955, cherry red and ivory white

3. Chevrolet Impala coupé 1958

4. Buick GSX 1970

5. Chevrolet 3100 pick up with a 350 V8 and in it's original condition.

(No, I don't like chevys, you liar.)

And I actually own a Peugeot 103 MVL completely stock and in it's condition from 1980. (Now that's badass.)

103mvl10.jpg

Oh this is difficult because I've owned some of my choices, here goes!

Top of my list,

1967 Shelby Mustang GT 350,

1935 Ford Five window Coupe Hot Rod, chopped and channeled and flamed in Lemon Yellow

1938 Bugatti Type 57 S-C Atlanic

1940 Willy's Coupe

1940 Willy's Pick Up in Candy Apple Red Metalflake slammed to the ground.

I have had the pleasure of the Shely 'Stang and the Five windowed Cope in my life. They were sweet rides.