Model Cars Magazine Forum

FINALLY! It's warm outside!

You want to hear crazy?

I drive a truck over the road, two days ago I was driving and dodging snow and freezing rain in Green Bay, then later that evening it was monsoon rains coming through Chicago. Now two days later I'm in Phoenix and the temps. are in the 80's and it's beautiful weather.

First they called it "global warming." Then they dropped that name and started calling it "climate change." What will they call it next? "Temperature Instability?" :lol:

But the funny thing is, the earth has been undergoing "climate change" since the big bang. There have been tropical periods, ice ages, etc. Climate change is billions of years old. Nothing new there. It's only within the last few years that the "experts" have seized on the subject and managed to make a profit on it. :rolleyes:

Oops... sorry if that got too close to "political commentary." :D

I call it "Weather" , remember the George Carlin skit when "Al Sleet, the Hippy Dippy Weatherman" forcast that the weather would continue to change for a long, long time?

Edited by Craig Irwin

I operate in a 5 state area, based out of.South Central PA. Went to work Wednesday it's 84 the the office, go 190 miles to Southern NY and they're under a freezing rain advisory. Back to PA (now Thursday) and it's, not even 50. Head down to Central VA - 260 miles South and it's 71 at 4am Friday morning. Setting back through the office and back into Southern NY where my "Hey it's cold enough it might be icy!" Alarm is going off - 33 degrees at 9am this morning.

Only bright side of the bi-polar weather is Mon & Tue (my weekend) look to be the first honest to goodness painting days of 2013. About dang time!

I call it "Weather" , remember the George Carlin skit when "Al Sleet, the Hippy Dippy Weatherman" forcast that the weather would continue to change for a long, long time?

Tonight's forecast: Dark. Continued dark thoughout most of the evening, with some widely scattered light towards morning.

Still missing ya George...

We have officially hit 80 degrees in the NYC area. Considering we had frost a few days ago, I'd say things are looking up!

I think we parole the Barracuda and turn it loose.....

Turn it loose John! I turned the Duster loose about a week ago, it was still kinda cold out but i had to drive it!

finally after 5-6 months of extremely unpleasant weather the sun has come to Holland..

i can't remember when i drove my car with its sunroof open..

i'm going on 40 years old (i hope) and i've never seen snow in April..

this is really frustrating for someone who likes to be outside wihout wearing 5 layers of clothing

now where are all those treehugging/enviromental 'beware global warming' types at now?

anyway i hope it more or less stays like this till Oktober..

makes people in general a little easier to live with too