Model Cars Magazine Forum

hey everyone.

once again my friend google took a early start to the three day weekend. my image search turned up mostly truck shots no motors. im building a linburg model of the wierd-os monster trucks its a 2007 casting of a newer dodge truck so im guessing its a hemi/cyrsler motor of somesort any how i would relly like to detail it via paint and add on accesories. the instructions along with the model its self are highly detailed but i wanna try my hand at really wireing and plumming. so if anyone has some photos of a monster truck motor and or im guessing a dagster/funny car engine might be of similer set up i'd really thank you

Heres a pro mod engine,

Is that a 385 series Ford? Or a Kaase Boss 9?? I know it has to clear the pulleys but I don't recognize the mag on the driver side....

Edited by Cato

Yes, Pro Modified engine is very close to Monster Truck engine. Also Top Methanol FC engine is pretty close, and of course TMD enine is close too. Here are some pics, I found from the internet, I have also taken many PM,TMFC and TMD engine photos, which are quite good too. And when building a model, I use to look other model cars, how the detailing is done and how it looks realistic. Maybe the "Drag Racing Models"- section would be good place to watch some reference for the engine. There are many well detailed Pro Mod engines there.

TD_RonIannotti_ProMod-front.jpg

mopp_0111_02_z%2Bmopar_pro_modified_car%2Bengine.jpg

blower%20motor%20frontview.jpg

15389593-643-55-Chevy-Pro-Mod-Bickel-Chassis.jpg

• 6 months later...