Model Cars Magazine Forum

anyone else here have a real car collection?

just as the title says? what have you guys got out there? I am 36 and have 5 mustangs,3 fox body capris, a few 48-52 ford trucks, a 40 hudson 2 door sedan, a 53 bel air sport coupe and some misc junk around. most need restorations but these days having the iron is the hard part. the crown jewel of my collection is my 07 gt 500 shelby vert. sent it to vegas for 40th anny conversion one of 313 built its number 267 and by options breaks down to 1 of 1. I own it with my dad and it rarely sees daylight.

Not anymore.but I've had a bunch over the years .

Now, I work on the full size versions for other people. ( I work for myself )

Currently have a 1968 Charger R/T , a 1969 Charger R/T in the shop , with a 1970 Challenger Rt/SE 440 sixpack car coming in this weekend . And I am supposed to be getting a 1951 Mercury M1 pickup coming in this winter.

Finished a 1970 Roadrunner 440 six barrel and a 1970 Hemi AAR Cuda last year for customers.

few pics here

http://www.facebook.com/pages/AM-High-Tech-Automotive/408528952539495

Edited by gtx6970

Ive got a small Collection, '11 Camaro,'81 Camaro, '63 Nova 2dr sedan ( project) '63 Nova wagon, '63 Nova 2 door hard top, and an all original 62 Acadian Invader 4 door. Between my father and I we currently have 39 62-5 Novas and Acadians. As well as 25 or so Misc other cars, 63 Impala 2dr hardtop, 62 Impala 2 door hardtop, 65 Biscayne 2 dr,etc.

Ive got a small Collection, '11 Camaro,'81 Camaro, '63 Nova 2dr sedan ( project) '63 Nova wagon, '63 Nova 2 door hard top, and an all original 62 Acadian Invader 4 door. Between my father and I we currently have 39 62-5 Novas and Acadians. As well as 25 or so Misc other cars, 63 Impala 2dr hardtop, 62 Impala 2 door hardtop, 65 Biscayne 2 dr,etc.

That must be one big yard you have to store 60+ vehicles! Out of curiousity, how many of them are driveable?

That must be one big yard you have to store 60+ vehicles! Out of curiousity, how many of them are driveable?

We rent a farm yard out of town. mabey 10 are driveable. We just collect them, building a few decent Novas, trade bait for other stuff we want. Cant turn down a good deal.

We do. Between me my dad my uncles and my grandfather we have : 1934 Chevy cabriolet

37 GMC 37 Chevy panel 36 maple leaf dumper 52 Chevy 57 Chevy Bel air convert. 84 olds 98 84 swbfs Chevy 4x4 73 camaro 2 66 impalas 87 Monte ss aerocoupe, 78 GMC and a 66 Honda trail 90

Pics after work.

Gee, if I can count my father, uncle's and grandfather's vehicles as my own, I've got about 20.

I have too many hobbies. Besides the models that are in the basement, there's a spare bedroom with my Bass guitars, my stage gear lives on the porch, and the Mistress resides in the garage. Now the wife wants a drop top....I need a second job.

I envy you guys with multiple cool-cars. Wish I could....

I have 3 Ford Fiestas- I had 4 but I parted one out so now it lives in a bunch of boxes on a shelving unit.

My '80 "S" has >450,000 miles on it, I used to run autocross events with it and it was very competitive in it's class (FSP) but now it's a babied grocery-getter. Kind of an old pic, but it still looks the same:

80FiestaLF.JPG

I also have a couple of '78 base models:

78redFiesta1.JPG

yellow78fiesta.JPG

The car in the background is a '74 Mazda RX4 coupe which I sold last year- before I got into the Fiestas I was into old rotary cars and have owned 2 Mazda RX2s, 2 Mazda RX3s, 3 Mazda RX4s, and a 1st Gen. RX7. I sold my last RX3 to the director of R&D for Mazda North America.

I, myself, have a 2001 F-150, a 1989 Mazda MX-6 GT 4WS, and a 1990 Mazda MX-6 LX. My wife has a 2010 Pontiac G3. My dad has a 1989 Chevy K1500, a 1993 Chevy K1500, and a 1999 Toyota Tercel. Mom drives a 2007 Chev Malibu.

One of my uncles has the following stashed in his yard (that I can recall): early-2000s Mercedes-Benz, a new Beetle, late-70s Lincoln Town Car, 80s Jeep Wrangler, Porsche 924S, 67 Chevy K-10, 68 Chevy K-10 (on a 78 Blazer chassis), 84 Ford F-150, 78 Ford Econoline Club Wagon, 78 Ford Mustang Cobra II, Datsun B210, 74 Ford F-350, a couple Honda Odysseys (the off-road buggies, not the minivans), and countless motorcycles. That's just waht I can remember from the last time I was there; his collection is always changing!