Model Cars Magazine Forum

'78 Ford Pickup Wheels?

I'm building an AMT '78 Ford 4X4 Pickup. I believe it's F350 but I'm not sure as I'm no Ford or Pickup expert. Anyway I have a question on the wheels, as the kit wheels have no bolts or lug nuts molded in them, it means that I'll have to add them. But my question is that did Ford use somekind of "Truck Wheels" on these Pickups that had more bolts than regular five bolt ones?

I tried searching from Google and from this site, but I came up with nothing.

1/2 ton would be 5 lug, regardless of 4x4 or 2wd. 3/4 ton and 1 ton were 8 lug. There are a couple of resin casters that are making appropriate 8 lug steel wheels.

The 6 lug 1/2 ton 4x4 wheels would be Chevrolet/GMC, Jeep J10 trucks/Cherokee/Wagoneer depending on year, plus Toyota, Isuzu, Mazda, and Nissan mini trucks

Thanks for the help, Miles and Bill!

I knew someone would know the answer in here. Now I need to add eight lug nuts on those wheels that came with the kit. Those resin wheels look very good, but right now I unfortunately can't afford to them as all of my money is going to gasoline on my 1:1 toy.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the information again, Bill! I searched from Google when I got this kit and I thought that it might be F350, but I wasn't sure. Now I know.

Work with the wheels has begun as well so I guess this case is closed. Thanks to You both. B)