Model Cars Magazine Forum

The beginning of a Z06 club racer

ismaelg

Hello,

I want to do something to fit in between the factory stock Z06 and the C6-R. How about an SCCA T1 club racer?

DSCF2954b.jpg

DSCF2951b.jpg

DSCF2953b.jpg

I've never done a roll cage before, so any time saving tips are appreciated.

Other than the roll cage, plans are for racing seats and harness, racing wheels and tires, maybe a rear wing, and minor dash / engine / chassis / suspension upgrades. This should still be a street legal car, so it needs full exhaust and emissions systems, lights, glass etc.

This will most likely be a long term project. As if I didn't have enough....

Thanks,

• 6 years later...

I'm involved with similar project. A good tip on cages is to drill through the floor pan in the four down tube locations so you get the height you need. Also, build them from the roof down, that way you can get it good and snug to the roof line. Hopefully this helps. I look forward to more pics of the build as it progresses!

Cool Build I've been wanting to do a C5R and C6R at some point. Cant want to see how this turns out!

I dunno if it'll get done, it's been dormant for 6 years lol..Try and get the C5R the 6R kit is curbside oddly enough. But the 5R kit is very nice! I got an eBay special sans-decals and used the cockpit guts for another racer conversion in the works.

Edited by Scuderia

LOL...Ok now I see that! I really want the C5R kit, but after seeing the C6R in action in the ALMS race and watching it at LeMans and what not for the last few years I'd love to build a replica, but man would that paint be hard to replicate!

post-10697-0-77817900-1352768058_thumb.j