Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 Lindberg Fiat Dragster

Fender

Has anyone built this kit? How old is the tool- ? What's up with the brittle plastic? How to scribe good lines in doors .?? There isn't much to go by. How do you rate this kit? I already broke the dash- it was warped- I barely moved it and "SNAP"! Nice-- I can make a dash though. I know this tool has to be old- it has glue together tires. It'd be nice to match up some tires from another kit.

I know how to scribe door lines if there are some there but on this kit -- well --- not good. I guess I could make a plastic pattern and lay it on the side of the body and scribe around it-- anyone ever done that? I can see hours and hours of Fiat in my future. My daughter was with me at the Hobby Shop and I commented on the kit and she suprized me at Christmas last year with it.. She wants me to build it. She really couldn't afford the cash so I kind of want to do it for her -- The thing is that from my first real inspection the kit looks like a "cusser".

The absolute worst thing so far is the 2 piece body. I've been on it with the putty and wet sand etc for two days now.. Okay thanks for listening. If this kit is the worst of my problems- I'm doing pretty good then.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I'm into the build- I just got everything primed. It's an old tool and they cleaned it up but it still has a few issues. The chrome comes off real easy- it's thin. The doors are a real prob trying to scribe the lines around them-- good luck on that. The frame looks whacked out. I would have preferred a more "with the times" frame. I've been searching around and looking at Topolinos and it appears to be a 47 body, and with all the parts and tires and wheels it seems to represent a late 50's to before 62 car. It's a wierd class Altered I guess. The steering wheel looks out of scale and so do certain parts like the oil filter. There is no coil. The parts from the battery assy are there. It looks like you could flip the switch and it would move along and the pullies and fan belt would turn as the car rolled off the table. The two piece tires.... well they're two piece.! Anyway I 'll get out my Flip video and spend two weeks and take 2 pictures! That's a joke son!!!! There's more to complain about but what the heck- I like the model and I are going to built it. I'm workin' it into shape. It's going to be dark red body and gold engine- it should look Okay! I'm taking the paint scheme in a Hot Rod mag from an old rail of the early 60's with a chopped and shortened Cabriolet body.............white interior walls-- black cage- black frame--

Edited by Fender