Model Cars Magazine Forum

Good Build Tips for a 10 year old...

i will suggest the same thing i tell any kid or anybody that wants to learn how to build a model.on the first on get one that you like and if you can get two of the same.on the first one open the box ( AND HAVE AT IT ) your best teacher is experience and that first kit may look awfull. but now you know what you did wrong and right. so now open the second kit ( AND HAVE AT IT ) i think you will see a nice improvement over the first one.the main thing is have fun and try not to get discouraged. though in the beginning you will make many mistakes' over time you will make many more great builds.,

now have fun.

Edited by jerseyjunker1

All this talk about daughters and nieces painting their cars pink.... Haven't you seen the Mustang commercial with the girl looking at a Mustang drive by and in her mind it changes from pink to black? :D Just cause she's a girl doesn't mean everything's Barbie's and ponies!

For my 17 year old daughter anything that is pink or purple is good. As for advice two things, keep your hands & work area clean, take your time don't try to build it in a night. You will have a lifetime of fun, I know I have !

I don't care if we have 30 years experience at model building, some of the world's greatest experts cannot break their knowledge down to the understanding of the common person, never mind that of a child. Just read any computer manual for an example!

The original poster should be commended for asking for input from the team. And with the wide variety of responses, I think maybe we all learned something?

You try arguing with a six year old young lady ! She wanted pink paint and by god that's the color she bought ! No ifs , ands , or buts about it !

She graduated to the full spectrum of color shortly there after .

Come to think of it , she's still no day at the beach to argue with ! Rockheaded kid ! Don't know where she gets that from ....... ? Lmao !

You try arguing with a six year old young lady ! She wanted pink paint and by god that's the color she bought ! No ifs , ands , or buts about it !

My younger daughter wanted to have our 1:1 Celica convertible painted pink. She wouldn't hear anything about how horrible it would look. Her mind was made up. I was fortunate that she never raised enough money to actually make it happen :D

For the OP.... If you're still following this.... Have you picked out a kit yet? I expect a full report on the project!

Thanks for the interest, friend! As for which kit she builds, I guess that's up to her... I have one in mind that I think she would enjoy, but she may not like what I pick out....

If her parents let her build it here (which I'm hoping as I have all the paints and tools she would need) I may start her her own WIP thread!