Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ed Roth Beatnik Bandit

Dyno Davo

Completion #3: Painted this with Pactra RC Pearl White, machined new engine pulleys and tidied up the three belt blower setup, used real chrome springs in the suspension, added gold piping to the seats and door trims and scratchbuilt a 49 Ford gauge combo for the dash.

003_zpsf8e1cd12.jpg

004_zps59442580.jpg

You are definitely the Roth miester. I have just looked at all your builds and all are outstanding. I have all the books about Big Daddy Ed Roth and at one time all the Roth kits. If I ever get the Beatnik Bandit built and it looks remotely like yours, I will be very happy

Another great lookin' build. Do you spray your pearl white over white primer or gloss white? Thanks.

Hi Nick, the pearl was painted over ModelMaster white primer. Pactra pearls are acrylic paint (water based) so they are friendly to most primers and bare plastic. I normally use a 0.3 needle airbrush, crank the pressure up to 60 psi and spray the paint neat from the container.