Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell Kenworth W900 Snap Kit

Guest Johnny

That is a great link for parts,thanks.

Does anyone know if there are shops who sell big rig kits,tired of lurking on ebay day and night and get outbid :P

The kit`s i really want is Mack D800,International Paystar 5000 or Autocar A64B.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I just ordered one of these this morning. I love Revell/Monogram's 1/32 scale trucks. Seeing the instructions on Revell/Monogram's web site convinced me to buy one. It looks like an easrier build kit than most other 1/25 scale truck kits. Nice to take a break from the other more complicated/detailed kits.

By the way, does anybody out there know what year this Kenworth is suppose to be?

Scott

Scott, which KW kit did you get?  The kit this thread is about is the 1/25 Kenworth W900 AeroDyne which is a 1976-82, but can be a 1972-75 if you remove the AeroDyne sleeper.  Which 1/32 kit are you referring to?

Just got my 1/25 Kenworth W900 Aerodyne in the mail today. Revell kit 85-1507. I like what I found in the box. I also recently got its sister, the 1/25 Peterbilt Model 359 Convention Tractor. Revell kit 85-1506. Very simple in many ways to the old AMT semi truck kits. Yet the details look pretty good on both. Like the old Revell/Monogram 1/32 scale semis, they look like they'll go together with few problems. And look nice in the end. Have start some subassembly and test fitting of parts on both kits. I pleased with what I'm seeing.

Scott

The only objection I have on these Revell/Monogram 1:25 Snap Trucks are the rear wheels, they are way too shallow to look right...and there are no sunvisors.
Otherwise the kits are quite good...a bit crude here and there detailwise...but good for what it is.

• 1 month later...

The only objection I have on these Revell/Monogram 1:25 Snap Trucks are the rear wheels, they are way too shallow to look right...and there are no sunvisors.
Otherwise the kits are quite good...a bit crude here and there detailwise...but good for what it is.

And I've had one or two kits where the tires are so warped, the wheel/tire assemblies were unbuildable...  But, I've found that a really good investment for these kits is the Moebius Big Rig  Wheel and Tire set.  These are the same wheels and tires that are used in their Lonestar kit.  And at around $18.00 a set, are a really good deal considering what you're getting.