Model Cars Magazine Forum

what off road vehicles would you like to build?

off road vehicles  

136 members have voted

1. 1. do you have an off road vehicle you would like to build

Rodney, those are pretty cool builds off the Suzuki! I'll be watching if you post their progress!

suzuki_front-vi.jpg

Here's a Suzuki my daughter and I built together when she was a kid. Back when I got the Geo Tracker new she was all excited and into it. She asked if we could build a model of it. The Escudo kit wasn't out yet but I had this one. So we built it in the colors of my Tracker which satisfied her. A modeler friend of mine was also a jeweler and he engraved the little plates for her. That really made her day!

Here are some of my "off road" vehicles as well as one "on the drawing board:

picsay-1320636530.jpg

HRIV20.jpg

CRSI-12.jpg

"Being refurbished at the moment"

416-01-1.jpg

picsay-1320635490.jpg

DT02.jpg

"On the drawing board"

UnimogPumper.jpg

I have the diecast stripped, awaitng replacement of the current wheels and tires then fabrication of the hose body, brush plow and water monitor on the front of the unit.

Stadium trucks

Ivan "Ironman" Stewart's Toyota seen here at LA Colisium

ppi_truck1.jpg

Roger Mears' D21 Hardbody

Thank you!!! I have been wanting a kit of this since I started building. The 80s stadium trucks are by far the coolest offroad trucks in my book, I wish I was alive to see them run at the time. That was real racing, trucks flying everywhere and not a yellow flag in site. I have seen the races through youtube and this was just crazy back in the day.

I also wouldn't mind some modern dirtbike kits. Would be great to build a replica of my 06 RM-250, but I doubt the market is there.

Edited by Casey

• 7 months later...

Terrible movie. The book is better. Just. :D

I'm constantly surprised, give the number made, that there are not more Landcruisers kitted. Personally i'd like full detail 60 and 100 series wagons.

Tamiya kitted an 80 series but I guess it didn't sell well enough to justify doing the 100.

I'm currently building one and it's a masterpiece of plastic engineering with working suspension and steering.