Model Cars Magazine Forum

90's Ford F150 prisoner transport

Ive had this idea for a little while after seeing the local PD's 1:1. It has been around the dept. since the mid 90's but has low miles since its only used for special events, so they've kept it around and it's still in service today. Ive taken an AMT f150 promo for the chassis & body along with a monogram f350 duallie for misc. parts. The rest is 100 % scratch built from sheet plastic. Been working on this for a couple of weeks now.

IMG_3486_zpsb0ad4180.jpg

IMG_3487_zpsa7af045b.jpg

IMG_4131_zpsafe5c40e.jpg

IMG_3490_zpsec8dfff1.jpg

IMG_4059_zps93445e9a.jpg

Got the cab painted body color & decals added. More detail painting will be done after I clear coat the decals. I didnt realize that their was no door molding on the 1:1 until it was too late. I will have to live with it.

IMG_3492_zps3d2e14d2.jpg

IMG_4135_zpsfdd56516.jpg

IMG_4137_zps2a5854b9.jpg

Ive seen the inside but not for being arrested! No Its not a low crime area, officers transport thier own prisoners in patrol cars. This is only used for special events where they anticipate mass arrest. Anyway, finished the interior & made some progress on the cab, just need to add the light bar to the top.

IMG_4125_zps5c75d8f5.jpg

IMG_4124_zps7cb72a69.jpg

IMG_4244_zpsfe987866.jpg

IMG_4242_zps6f33c90b.jpg

IMG_4244_zpsfe987866.jpg

The weather is not cooperating, so I havent been able to do anymore painting recently. Im On hold until we can get a 60 degree day!

I feel your pain on the weather, I don't have a paint booth set up yet myself. Interesting project, I like the outside the norm builds, great work!

Finally Got some color on the box, and got the foil work done. Once we get this rain gone from the area, im going to shoot some clear over it which may also take some of the shine from the foil away which would be a plus since the 1:1's chrome is nothing close to polished. After the clear, i need to make some decals for the box. & add the emergency lighting.

photo2_zpsc81f4808.jpg

Edited by kymdlr

hahaha, ..I can just see ol' Officer Varn reachin' back with Mr. Billy and bangin' on the box from the cab while riding down the Bowery..

"Shut it, ya durn drunks! ..If I hear "Danny Boy" ONE MORE TIME.."

My grandfather would sing "Danny Boy" when he drank. But he'd be 105 today. I think modern drunks rap.