Model Cars Magazine Forum

1962 Chevy Biscayne Maryland State Police

tomsheehy

Here's my latest, one I have been wanting to get to for a while. Its a 1962 Chevy Biscayne, built from the resin body from MCW Automotive Finishes combined with the AMT 62 Bel Air kit. I also used a bunch of parts from the current Revell 62 Impala such as the door handles, wipers, hub caps, and some detail decals. I also used a parts box 327/Powerglide powertrain, I think that originally came from the Revell 63 Impala kit. The paint is Tamiya, olive drab from their Military line and gloss black, all with a clear coat. Interior is from the Bel Air, painted Tamiya champagne, which is a close match to Chevy's fawn beige. I also used Scale Motorsports seat pattern decals. Keith Marks supplied the body decals, while Code 7 supplied the MSP decals. The police gear is mostly parts box stuff, the Federal "Junior Beacon Ray" came from a 1/32 toy or kit, but I can't remember which one. DSC05043-vi.jpgDSC05036-vi.jpgDSC05037-vi.jpgDSC05038-vi.jpgDSC05039-vi.jpgDSC05040-vi.jpgDSC05046-vi.jpgP1304688-vi.jpgP1304689-vi.jpgP2024691-vi.jpg

Even when I come from the motorcycle section, I take a look here from time to time. I like this model, very nice and clean build. Please let me know what TS Number is the Tamiya champagne, because I only find a golden color tone from Tamiya called chamagne and yours look right silver, like I need it for a project of mine.

Please let me know what TS Number is the Tamiya champagne, because I only find a golden color tone from Tamiya called chamagne and yours look right silver, like I need it for a project of mine.

I just got in a couple cans of TS75 to do a 64 Thunderbolt inter color , I was told to do it over a dark grey primer

Please let me know what TS Number is the Tamiya champagne, because I only find a golden color tone from Tamiya called chamagne and yours look right silver, like I need it for a project of mine.

Yes, it is TS-75, champagne gold. I painted it over Tamiya gray primer. It is a very light gold, but you can tell the difference from silver.

Thanks everyone for the comments.