Model Cars Magazine Forum

How to tie up the wires to the frame?

John Pol

I use a fine strand of wire either silver or black, twist it on and then cut off the ends trying to keep the knot on the underside. I'd take a picture but my camera isn't working.

i have done this same method by striping a piece of 30 ga wire and using the wire and twisting it. I also. had tried cutting small strips of electrical tape but i found out if you move it after some time it leaves a sticky residue... so not best method in my opinion. I know that i have seen John Teresi use some tape on his builds and they look great but I forgot the name of the tape he once told me.

I would use very thin Chartpack black tape. It's like pinstriping tape but it's not shiny, it has a dull flat finish. I would then cut a very tiny piece, wrap it around the frame and over the wires and then take a toothpick with a very tiny drop of superglue and touch the overlap. This should produce very convincing, scale "tie wraps".